SMOKED HAM LOAF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for sharing...Im definitely going to try this. I’m going to add an extra step by tossing the finished slices on a flat top to carmelize a bit for an extra layer of flavor.

Thanks for sharing...Im definitely going to try this. I’m going to add an extra step by tossing the finished slices on a flat top to carmelize a bit for an extra layer of flavor.
Thats how we do our left overs. But on the grill or cast iron. Makes great sandwiches also!

mp,840x830,matte,f8f8f8,t-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

They sell a ham loaf at our local meat market chain. It is always good. I will be trying this one as it looks amazing!!!!!!! Point for sure!!!!!

Oh my, that looks delicious! I live alone and since we were on quarantine I made a ham for Easter. I kept a little leftovers for the next day and with the rest ground it up with bulk sausage. Made a ham loaf and vacuum packed the rest for another sometime down the road. Can ya'll guess what I'm going to do with that one in the freezer! Thanks for posting. I got another something to smoke on my new Kamado Joe Classic II!

Oh my, that looks delicious! I live alone and since we were on quarantine I made a ham for Easter. I kept a little leftovers for the next day and with the rest ground it up with bulk sausage. Made a ham loaf and vacuum packed the rest for another sometime down the road. Can ya'll guess what I'm going to do with that one in the freezer! Thanks for posting. I got another something to smoke on my new Kamado Joe Classic II!
Sherry,thank you. That sounds like your on your way to a great meal soon!

I used to make 40 pound batches for the PA Dutchy folks in a Lancaster Restaurant (Amish/Mennonite Country) I worked in. I enjoyed the flavor. I think your recipe sounds good and hope to try it...JJ

Reactions: Sowsage
I used to make 40 pound batches for the PA Dutchy folks in a Lancaster Restaurant (Amish/Mennonite Country) I worked in. I enjoyed the flavor. I think your recipe sounds good and hope to try it...JJ
JJ, the original recipe in my family cook book thats done in the oven is a little different . not much. The only thing I changed was mixing in the the brown sugar ,mustard and cloves. In the original its done in a loaf pan and those ingredients are packed into the bottom of the pan before packing in the meat mixture creating the glaze for the ham once it's flipped over and the pan removed. Its great that way too. .but doing it on the smoker with the brown sugar/mustard glaze made it top notch in my opinion.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky