Smoked Cuttlefish Over Amaranth & Kale!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Seacoast of New Hampshire
Happy Saturday Sweet Smokers!

Another super simple albeit wonderful lunch today - smoked cuttlefish over a hot pot of amaranth (my favorite grain) with shallots, kale, tomato, olive oil, and smoked paprika on top!

I usually grill my cuttlefish or pan sear it, and must say that smoked (just 10 minutes) was succulent, soft, and sensational!

OK then, I'm in absolute respectful AWE and delight, with all your far more impressive smoked doings!

There was a photo of someone smoking in a thread, where I swear his rig or apparatus looked like the front engine or car of a damn train! (And I mean his smoker, that is). You folks sure are the professionals! And I'm so impressed and excited to learn!

Meanwhile, enjoy my simple lunch! And make your day delicious!

Cheers and warm wishes, Leah

Another hit out of the park. Your killin' me! When I have access to great seafood I'm Broke. When I have the funds I am usually in PA...JJ

Thanks so much JJ!

I have much ocean here, but feel that way with game meats (which I love) and find myself salivating and sticker-shock-shopping, for tomahawk zebra chops, or similar and crazily priced finds! (Window shopping takes place therefore, and for longer intervals than I'd like, until I'm able to go in for my "fill," and then it's wild)!

Anyway, thanks again, and happy Saturday!!!! Cheers! - Leah

Sheesh!!   Another Awesome Plate of Goodness!!!

Never had Cuttlefish, but it sure looks good among the rest of the goodies !!!

Thanks Leah !!

Bear

Thanks tons Bear!!!! I find the cuttlefish much softer and less dry than squid/calamari etc., and it's great grilled and even better smoked! So glad you enjoyed this, and happy Saturday to you!!! Cheers! - Leah

drool.gif
 Well done!  I love seafood.  Yet another dish to add to the list.

I am going to get some ankimo tomorrow.  I might just smoke a piece after pulling it out of the steamer.

Love the pics and presentation.

Thank you Hagisan! Ankimo, as in steamed monkfish liver??? Love the stuff! Lucky you! Enjoy, enjoy, and let me know if you do smoke it and how that goes! Sounds terrific! Many thanks on your nice remarks. Cheers to today!!!!! - Leah

Thanks Kat!!! Yay!!!! Here's to bringing on hunger (and food) for all! This amazing site, with you pros, does that instantly for me indeed!!! Such a great group!!!! Cheers! - Leah

Hi Moikel! That preparation sounds lovely too! I eat octopus twice or thrice per week usually, and adore it, though cuttlefish is delightful to me as well! Your Bottarga was sensational to see! (I'm a fan of that fabulous mullet roe too)!

Here's to all that fantastic savory stuff, and here's to a very happy Tuesday! Cheers! - Leah

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky