Smoked Cream Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hillbillyrkstr

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 11, 2013
Well I haven’t tried many new things in a while as far as smoking goes. I had a buddy over my house and while we were working on the barn he asked me if I had ever smoked cream cheese. I told him “nope” and that I never even thought about it. He starts telling me he saw some videos and you smoke it hot.I was blown away. How does it not melt when your smoking between 225-250???

He wanted me to try it for him so seeing we get together on Christmas Eve I got to work on a recipe.

i did a few bars in a peach bbq rub I bought this year and a few bars in a Caribbean jerk rub.

EACE3E47-23AE-4968-84B8-41C19671647A.jpeg

Loaded up.

09EF30C3-FA99-471B-A5C6-D8D6028CC896.jpeg

A few hours of smoke.

4E205BDE-0EAD-42DB-A9F0-BFA7E0B5C852.jpeg

finished product.

DA231231-1E09-48A7-850E-EA5A50B0831D.jpeg

the peach rubbed Bar was coated with maple, peach, bourbon jam we make here. Peaches grown in my yard, syrup made by us as well. And some makers mark added. This jam is fantastic! It paired really well with the rub and was excellent with the pita chips. Really like a dessert cream cheese.

7FA1DC63-E5AA-4358-B0DE-FC8B8DF27FA0.jpeg

topped the jerk rubbed bar with bdubs Caribbean jerk sauce. It was also excellent. Sweet with a little heat.

our friends and their kids destroyed them. Nothing left for Santa. It was a big hit and something very easy to do.

i was surprised it was gone cause we always cook up a feast on Christmas Eve.This year was no different. The biggest Scallops we could find, shrimp, and 30 pounds of snow crab. Have to love Christmas! Great friends and great food!

6B9A2197-E125-417F-90C0-75DC5007AF0F.jpeg

0283806F-AC5B-4CF0-A884-483648A006F5.jpeg

Getting some seafood on the griddle.
714D23E7-2D39-4357-8C00-6F9126479B70.jpeg

case of snow crabs.
7B5FD817-7BDC-4E67-BF5C-00B821F491C7.jpeg

cooking the crab.

Thanks for looking,
Scott

Looks great. I havent tried smoking cream cheese yet.

Looks great. I havent tried smoking cream cheese yet.
Thanks
It was really good and there is really so many things you can do with it as far as flavors. Endless rubs and sauces to experiment with.

I've smoked wheels of brie with various toppings but have yet to try cream cheese. When I use it for ABT's or pig shots I mix BBQ seasoning into the cream cheese, I wonder if it's worthwhile to do something like that, then reform.... or do you think the surface seasoning works good enough?

I got a block of cream cheese last week, but I keep forgetting to put it on the smoker when I got something else on there. Maybe I will remember this week. Everything looks great, by the way.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
You eat it as is or what?

it’s more or less a dip for crackers. I thought pita chips would be good so we bought some of those as well. I bet in the peach one I made nilla wafers would have been great! If you try it out let me know what your think.
Scott

Reactions: pc farmer
I've smoked wheels of brie with various toppings but have yet to try cream cheese. When I use it for ABT's or pig shots I mix BBQ seasoning into the cream cheese, I wonder if it's worthwhile to do something like that, then reform.... or do you think the surface seasoning works good enough?
The surface seasoning was plenty in my opinion. I did coat them entirely.
With ABTs I also season the cream cheese and honestly it’s a lot the same.

Reactions: 912smoker
I got a block of cream cheese last week, but I keep forgetting to put it on the smoker when I got something else on there. Maybe I will remember this week. Everything looks great, by the way.
Appreciate it.

the options are really endless. I think that’s what makes it great. When you do that Block let me know what you think and what you did to it.

scott

It must have some sort of alien properties to keep it from turning into a pile of goo, but as demonstrated, it somehow keeps it's shape.
I don’t know what’s in cream cheese but it’s something that doesn’t melt! Lol!

That all looks great .
It is really good . It skins over and that holds it all together . I bet that peach flavored was great . I agree nilla wafers or graham crackers for that one .
I use a BBQ rub , then back in the fridge to firm up . I use it on bagels or toast in the morning .

Everything looks great!
I will smoke 4-6 packs of CC a week...anytime I have a 1.5 hr or so cook.
We like eating the cheese on Ritz with some pepper jelly. YUM YUM

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That all looks great .
It is really good . It skins over and that holds it all together . I bet that peach flavored was great . I agree nilla wafers or graham crackers for that one .
I use a BBQ rub , then back in the fridge to firm up . I use it on bagels or toast in the morning .
I bet it is good on bagels!

The peach one was lights out. That peach rub I bought is excellent. I always dump new rubs in my hand and taste them before I use them. It taste like peaches. It’s really good.

My wife said she’d like to try it with cinnamon and sugar and graham crackers. I bet that’d be good to!
Overall it was cool to do something different

Everything looks great!
I will smoke 4-6 packs of CC a week...anytime I have a 1.5 hr or so cook.
We like eating the cheese on Ritz with some pepper jelly. YUM YUM
Wow! 4-6 packs a week????

you go through a lot of it! Lol!

I make a rub with no salt at all . Turbinado and mesquite powder are the main flavors . It's good on the cream cheese .
My son just made a cheese cake dip and used Graham crakers .
I need to do some peach flavored for new years . Thanks for the ideas .

Reactions: hillbillyrkstr
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky