Smoked Cream Cheese v2.0

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Smoked Cream Cheese v2.0.

Bacon, Chives and Ranch Dip Mix on the inside with Everything Bagel Seasoning on the outside!

20211030_132531.jpg

After being disappointed in my first smoked cream cheese attempt I had crossed it off of my to do list and moved on to other things.

TulsaJeff TulsaJeff made a comment in one of his recent posts the made me take another look at this.

I started off by putting some bacon in the pan and frying that up.

20211030_091109.jpg

After that was cooked and chopped I chopped up some chives and opened 2 packs of cream cheese, 2 cups of finely shredded cheese and 2 packs of Ranch Dip Mix.

20211030_100428.jpg

I put everything in the mixer and gave it a whirl.

20211030_101251.jpg

I used the boxes that the cream cheese came in and some similar sized wax paper to reform the mixture back into rectangle shape.

20211030_101409.jpg

Kinda sorta but not perfect as it doesn't really matter.

20211030_102211.jpg

Some Everything Bagel Seasoning dumped out on a plate and the blocks were coated on all sides.

20211030_102423.jpg

Placed on a foil lined 1/4 sheet pan and into the smoker they went at 225F for two hours

20211030_114807.jpg

WAY better results than just eating plain cream cheese. These made the trip over to the Party Garage and didn't last long!

Thanks for the inspiration Jeff!

Bacon, Chives and Ranch Dip Mix on the inside with Everything Bagel Seasoning on the outside!

View attachment 515031

After being disappointed in my first smoked cream cheese attempt I had crossed it off of my to do list and moved on to other things.

TulsaJeff TulsaJeff made a comment in one of his recent posts the made me take another look at this.

View attachment 515024

After that was cooked and chopped I chopped up some chives and opened 2 packs of cream cheese, 2 cups of finely shredded cheese and 2 packs of Ranch Dip Mix.

View attachment 515025

View attachment 515026

I used the boxes that the cream cheese came in and some similar sized wax paper to reform the mixture back into rectangle shape.

View attachment 515027

View attachment 515028

Some Everything Bagel Seasoning dumped out on a plate and the blocks were coated on all sides.

View attachment 515029

Placed on a foil lined 1/4 sheet pan and into the smoker they went at 225F for two hours

View attachment 515030

WAY better results than just eating plain cream cheese. These made the trip over to the Party Garage and didn't last long!

Looks excellent!! I'll have to put it on the list to try.

Reactions: kilo charlie
Looks worthwhile and tasty. Now if I only could get a good Bagel here, I'd be set! For some things, ethnic diversity in Restaurants and Bagels, I do miss living in NJ. Nicely done....JJ

Looks worthwhile and tasty. Now if I only could get a good Bagel here, I'd be set! For some things, ethnic diversity in Restaurants and Bagels, I do miss living in NJ. Nicely done....JJ

Thank you!
Perhaps you need to make your own bagels? I'm sure it has something to do with the water though.

Wow! That looks amazing. Definitely going into the holiday rotation! Thank you for the tweaks snd update! Great job!

Thank you!

Looks great!

For some things, ethnic diversity in Restaurants and Bagels, I do miss living in NJ.

I left NJ. when I was 18 (I'm now 56). The only thing I miss are some of the foods. Taylor ham, good Italian bread, good bagels, and good pizza (gluten started causing me issues a few years ago, so I'd now have to pass on the bread, bagels, and pizza, but I still miss them).

View attachment 515031

View attachment 515024

View attachment 515025

View attachment 515026

View attachment 515027

View attachment 515028

View attachment 515029

View attachment 515030

That is beautiful!!! Wow!

Thanks for sharing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky