• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked cod.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Did you pick a recipe yet? Just to clarify, is this attempt as an entree part of the meal or a snack? All my Salmon and Ling Cod recipes are typically snacks as in small nuggets, etc. All in a cooking range of 125 to 140 f degrees. Rock cod is very hot cooked on the grill or gas stove.

nes227

Joined May 7, 2020
I was thinking about combining tropics a smoking als suggestion. I was gonna make it with lobster & scallop mac and cheese and fried corn.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 6, 2017
We do ours with EVOO & Cajun seasoning. Smoke at 225 until it flakes apart.
Al
I'm giving one a try tonight on Cod - seems simple enough and I don't have time for a brine. Wish me luck :)

1MoreFord

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 4, 2020
noboundaries, would salted Pollock work instead of salted Cod? WallyMart sells frozen salted Alaska Pollock inexpensively.

Oops replied to the wrong person first. Corrected now.

Last edited:

1MoreFord

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 4, 2020
noboundaries, I ran across this cod yesterday while looking for other things. You might like this price.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.