Smoked Chuck Taco Tuesday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xray

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 11, 2015
Northeast PA
Well my upright freezer decided to crap the bed this past weekend. While I was removing it’s contents to my beer fridge freezer, I came across a small chuck roast. Since I was off Tuesday, I figured I’d make tacos.

The night before, I rubbed the chuck down with some Guajillo pepper adobo that I had from Wegmans
20FBC82D-0DBD-4CBB-A858-6232DAE7EFA0.jpeg

The next morning while firing up the smoker, I made a rub consisting of Paprika, smoked paprika, chili powder (I used a mix of homemade ancho and pasilla powders), SPOG, and oregano
35B47462-D751-4C0B-BE3E-2979F0344541.jpeg

The chuck went into the smoker at 9am. I used hickory. While waiting for the chuck, i made a pot of pintos for the rest of the week.

Grilled onions, tomato and poblanos for the beans.
AF1D727D-476D-42AB-9417-5126A272F172.jpeg

Beans are done!
14568726-58F4-4091-89CF-406DBBB51259.jpeg

At 4pm, I pulled the chuck off the smoker. IT was 180ish. I knew I was going to foil the beef so I just wanted to pull it off a few hours before dinner and after it got some smoke.

I put the chuck in a foil pan with a little beef broth and a small amount of the adobo sauce. Then it went into a 300F oven until tender. Final IT was 207. Oven was shut off and the chuck roast rested until my wife came home for dinner.

Chuck is shredded.
C167ABF8-9BB0-4A10-B260-FCE7B6D4DE22.jpeg

I served the shredded chuck with grilled corn tortillas, homemade smoked Montery Jack cheese, fresh pico and cilantro.
BAB54961-BE00-46C0-A046-C1CB4D82507D.jpeg

A9268C96-2068-46F0-B8EA-A507A15A4FFE.jpeg

And my second helping. Hey! Corn tortillas are small!!
5F237FD6-E818-40B6-98CC-1EC1217CED0B.jpeg

Overall it was a very good day, thanks for looking.

Man that looks awesome!! I love guajillo, can’t get enough of it. And tacos are a staple around here, I’m going to have to try it!!

Points for a great meal, and also for incorporating your cold smoked cheese into another meal! We love that too!

My kind of meal, Spot on Like !!

Gary

Nice Job Xray!!:)
Where'd you learn that?
Don't see much Mexican food around here.
Like.

Bear

Man that looks awesome!! I love guajillo, can’t get enough of it. And tacos are a staple around here, I’m going to have to try it!!

Points for a great meal, and also for incorporating your cold smoked cheese into another meal! We love that too!

Thank you! Tacos are a staple around here too. The smoked cheese is awesome in meals like these, that’s why it’s nice to smoke pounds of it in the winter time...it makes summer so much better!

Nice Job Xray!!:)
Where'd you learn that?
Don't see much Mexican food around here.
Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear! I make tacos quite a bit, they’re super simple and beats the few Mexican choices we have around here. Taco Tuesday is the real thing at my house!! Lol. If I’m off work, I try to do something nice whether it’s beef, pork or shrimp.

Grilled shrimp tacos are my favorite, maybe I’ll do a Qview when I make them again.

Here’s some others I did:

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/pulled-pork-tacos-w-mango-salsa.258451/

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/smoked-chuck-tacos.262663/#post-1706095

Thanks Bear! I make tacos quite a bit, they’re super simple and beats the few Mexican choices we have around here. Taco Tuesday is the real thing at my house!! Lol. If I’m off work, I try to do something nice whether it’s beef, pork or shrimp.

Grilled shrimp tacos are my favorite, maybe I’ll do a Qview when I make them again.

Here’s some others I did:

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/pulled-pork-tacos-w-mango-salsa.258451/

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/smoked-chuck-tacos.262663/#post-1706095

Thanks for the Links!!

Bear

Reactions: CharlotteLovesFood
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky