Smoked Chuck Roast for sammies and Qview!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 29, 2009
Northern, Indiana
Decided to try a chuck roast that I got from a friend. Smoked w/lump and hickory to an IT of 140*, cooked quicker than I thought it would, caught it just in time. Sliced on a slicer for some sammies. I got my inspiration from Al to do this. Taste's pretty good too.
709b75c0_000_0402.jpg
9047b888_000_0409.jpg
29ee4785_000_0405.jpg

99ced0c6_000_0410.jpg

Looks Great from here!!!

How was it?

Was it tender?

I only ever did chuckies to 205˚ for pulling.

Bear

Looks Great from here!!!

How was it?

Was it tender?

I only ever did chuckies to 205˚ for pulling.

Bear
I only had a small piece, tender and tasty. I have smoked a lot of different foods today, need to save room for samples from everything. 

Great looking Chuckie, looks good enough to serve for Sunday Dinner!  Will have to try one of those soon.  You said it cooked quicker than you though, approximately how long did it take to get it up to the 140 degree mark?  Keep up the good work Rib King!

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif

Al, when you did your roast how did you get it to slice like you did.

Thanks RP 
You might want to PM Al, in case he misses this question.

I remember that Roast Beef he did, and all I remember is he put it in the fridge over night before slicing. I don't remember any freezer action.

Looked like some awesome sammy meat!

Bear

Al, when you did your roast how did you get it to slice like you did.

Thanks RP 
I put it in the fridge overnight, then in the freezer for 30 min. When it started to warm up & wouldn't slice thin, I just put it back in the freezer for a few minutes. I had to stop slicing about 3 or 4 times to cool it down .

Great looking Chuckie, looks good enough to serve for Sunday Dinner!  Will have to try one of those soon.  You said it cooked quicker than you though, approximately how long did it take to get it up to the 140 degree mark?  Keep up the good work Rib King!

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif
Took around 2.5 hours, was a small roast.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky