Smoked Chicken Stew with Dough Boys ( Dumplings )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Love chicken soup/stew. My preference is a thick gravy.
I make dumplings, but my recipe is milk, flour,and egg. No baking soda or powder.
I made Minestrone soup with smoked meatballs. I did not like the smoke flavor which reflects most Italian meals.
I dont think you can ruin any meal with smoked meat in it.
My wife is slowly coming to appreciate smoked meat.

Reactions: chopsaw
It was really good with the smoked chicken, I thought Mona would be upset that I
smoked the chicken and added it to the stew. But I guess she was ok with it as she had
2 servings ,smaller bowls than I had. but went back for seconds.

That looks incredible!Hearty soup season is definitely here, big like for that work.

Had to laugh at this comment😆 my wife gets irritated because I always try new stuff snd want to use the smoker, I’m averaging pretty well, but m, she likes what she likes and it takes a nudge sometimes!

great job, thank you for sharing and inspiring me to try out those dough boys!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Love chicken soup/stew. My preference is a thick gravy.
I make dumplings, but my recipe is milk, flour,and egg. No baking soda or powder.
I made Minestrone soup with smoked meatballs. I did not like the smoke flavor which reflects most Italian meals.
My wife is slowly coming to appreciate smoked meat.

Thanks for the like and the comment

I will have to try the egg instead of baking powder ( Moms way was powder )
The Minestrone and meat balls sounds good.
And yes Mona is also getting ok with the smoked foods

David

Reactions: Fueling Around
That looks incredible!Hearty soup season is definitely here, big like for that work.

Had to laugh at this comment😆 my wife gets irritated because I always try new stuff snd want to use the smoker, I’m averaging pretty well, but m, she likes what she likes and it takes a nudge sometimes!

great job, thank you for sharing and inspiring me to try out those dough boys!

Thanks for the like and the comment

It was a great soup and dough boys for the cool weather, and yes hard sometimes to figure
out what they will like or not.
Give the dough boys a whirl 🌪

David

Oh yeah, that’ll work for sure. Looks delicious.
You are now a permanent fixture on the carousel. Outstanding.

Thanks Smokin for the like and the comment
It was /is ( still lots for supper tonight ) great, nice and thick and full of flavor
It is always a honor to be on the carousel

David

Wow that is one delicious and hearty bowl of comfort! I feel warm and like napping after just looking at the pictures! A bowl of chicken and dumplings is sorely needed right now.

PLEASE!!!! Pass the bowl!!! Mrs. Wurtz uses half potato/half bread in a sloppy spoonful, adds them to the gravy. They dissolve slightly and thicken the sauce while keeping some of the dumpling. She also will make potato dumplings which don't make the gravy as thick as the half & half. Thank you for the step-by-step.🍻
John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky