Smoked Chicken Sausage with QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ringodad

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Shakopee, MN
My experiment with cured smoked chicken sausage was a success! The dried bell peppers and tomatoes rehydrated perfectly and the sausage itself came out nice and savory and smoky! There was more shrinkage than I'd had before, with a more wrinkled end product but I figured I'd lose some fat having to cook the meat to 165 degrees.

Here's a view of the end product. You can see the wrinkling. My yield for 5.25 Lbs of Chicken/Fat was 6- 12 Oz. sausages:

Here's a cut view. The green and red bits are the peppers and the tomatoes. I added some Paprika and Cayenne for color and zip. It really tastes good.

Oh all of those peppers and stuff sound great! Good Job.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Yes it looks great there Ringo. I do like the peppers for a kick too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I did, but I think I just couldn't get the chicken packed tightly enough in the casings with my grinder. I really need a stuffer!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky