Smoked Cheese With Video

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
I was getting low on smoked cheese and it is finally getting warm here in the Canadian Rockies so I thought I better make some smoked cheese before it got too warm.

I had a large block of pepper jack and another of sharp cheddar. I cut each into quarters. I put them in my unlit Weber Grill with my A-Maze-N pellet smoker for 3 hours. It was still pretty cool here so I didn't have to put any ice in the chamber.

Smoked Cheese 1.jpg

I let the smoke roll for a little over 3 hours. I brought the cheese in and sealed them into bags with my vacuum sealer. I will let them sit for about four weeks before I open the first package.

I did use the opportunity to do a tutorial on making cheese you can watch if you suffer from insomnia.

Thanks for looking!

Disco

Attachments

• Smoked Cheese 2.jpg
    Smoked Cheese 2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 14
Another Great one, Disco!!:)
Awesome Video, and Great Tutorials on Smoking Cheese & lighting the AMNPS.

I can't believe you actually "Cut The Cheese" :eek:on camera, but it was still an Awesome Video!
Like.

Bear

Another Great one, Disco!!:)
Awesome Video, and Great Tutorials on Smoking Cheese & lighting the AMNPS.

I can't believe you actually "Cut The Cheese" :eek:on camera, but it was still an Awesome Video!
Like.

Bear
Sigh. I actually cut the cheese several times! Typical of us rude Canadians! Thanks for the kind words, Bear!

Really enjoyed your video/tutorial Disco. You have a calming reassuring voice sort-of like Grampa Walton(Will Greer).

Point for sure.

Chris

Reactions: yankee2bbq
Disco
I am surprised SWMBO allows you to run the blog.

Seeing the comments from what seemed to be your female fans....you are the jock.
Maybe the jock cup? Actually she has always said she didn't worry about that. Anything I talked another woman into she deserved.

This is an old post and maybe no one is following anymore but I'll try my question:
I tried smoking cheese a while back on a Weber gas grill on a cold day and since there was no wind blowing at the time I had a hard time keeping the amaze'n lit. Any ideas on how to get some air flowing through a smoker?

Last edited:
A tube will work better where there is less airflow. However if you prop you lid up just a tiny bit it should do the trick.

Chris

I have the 5X7 amaze'n but in some of the videos I've seen the tube does seem to produce more smoke. The pellet smoker I'm getting does not have an option to just run the fan by itself. I might try the tube or some kind of rigged fan.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky