Smoked Cheese With Video

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This is an old post and maybe no one is following anymore but I'll try my question:
I tried smoking cheese a while back on a Weber gas grill on a cold day and since there was no wind blowing at the time I had a hard time keeping the amaze'n lit. Any ideas on how to get some air flowing through a smoker?

Usually a Gas grill has enough air leakage to not be a problem with the AMNPS.
Are you sure you're getting it lit properly to begin with.
You need a good red cherry deep in the starting row, which can take as long as 20 minutes to establish, by blowing directly on the hot coals every time the flame goes out.

Bear

I'm with Bear on this one. I have never had a problem with the AMNPS on my barbecue. However, I have also successfully used the tube. Just keep in mind that the tube generates more smoke and I would shorten the smoking times.

I don't have the Webber gas grill anymore, somehow it was tight enough that unless it was quite windy outside the AMNPS would not stay lit. I used a torch and blow on it for about 15 minutes to keep the flame going. I'm getting a Windwood SG smoker and since it has a chimney, air flow might be better. But a tube might be the way to go. Can't wait till it gets nice and cool around here, had a rough Summer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky