Smoked Cheese - Batch Number One of 2018: White Cheddar

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Damn Chris hahaha Jerry would beat the hell out of Tom to get to all that smoked cheese!! Looks great !! I haven't smoked cheese in about 6 or 7 years..idk ..but thanks for the view ...Most definitely going to smoke some cheese when the next cold front arrives this coming week..
I do remember last time i smoked cheese that i had vacuumed sealed and let age in the fridge for about A month. That helped the strong smoke even itself out .
Excellent job brutha

Cheers , Burner

I hear ya Chris. Just pulled 3, that will be 4hr. Last 2 will ride until 5hr. Initial impressions are that this is ALOT smoother and that is right of the smoker! I sense it will still need to rest a bit, but can imagine this will be ready much sooner. Normally wife and I think (pellet) smoked cheese is too strong to bring right inside the house. Last batch had to be aired outside for an hour since it was so strong. This stuff is gentle. No problem at all in the house. WOW. I'd estimate 3-4x less powerful. Picked up some color too! That's it. Converted: dust for cheese. Already hitting the chunk again...

Reactions: gmc2003
B-I-N-G-O Sam sounds perfect. I usually let it rest loosely covered in the fridge overnight on a cooling rack before sealing. Wife isn't to happy about that as the fridge smells like smoke for a day or so, but It helps with the mellowing process. I'm down to a couple of days before the cheese is really enjoyable. Looks like your gonna be in the same ballpark. Congratulations and point for sure.

Chris

Reactions: zwiller
Damn Chris hahaha Jerry would beat the hell out of Tom to get to all that smoked cheese!! Looks great !! I haven't smoked cheese in about 6 or 7 years..idk ..but thanks for the view ...Most definitely going to smoke some cheese when the next cold front arrives this coming week..
I do remember last time i smoked cheese that i had vacuumed sealed and let age in the fridge for about A month. That helped the strong smoke even itself out .
Excellent job brutha

Cheers , Burner

Get on it Burner, smoked cheese is always available at our family gatherings and always a hit. We've been working on the waiting game. So far by using dust instead of pellets I've go it down to a couple of days instead of weeks. Let us know how it goes and if you need any help remember you have a whole site worth of people willing to help.

Chris

Reactions: Burner76
Week update. Crazy good. Definitely mellows a bit over time. Still just a tiny bit "rough" if I am completely brutal about it. I bet another week and it will be divine. Light years better than 2hrs on pellets. Also interesting the texture is the same as non smoked. Despite smoking in 30F weather, the pellets did change the texture a bit. Oh by the way, Todd's Qmatz are the shizzle for cheese. So happy I tried dust.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky