Smoked cheddar and mozzarella

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks good, bet it tastes good too. I just fell down the cheese smoke hole, and had to look up times since I just fired up the smoker for my first cheese attempt.

I find that if I let mine rest overnight, then vac pack and rest for a few weeks, that it tastes much better than without the rest.

Are the resting in the fridge or out on the counter? Cover?

I let it rest on a cooling rack uncovered/counter for a few hours, then place in the fridge loosely covered with plastic wrap overnight. Vacuum seal in the morning.

escope you cheese looks good, and nice video.

Chris

Nice vid. Great TBS and color.

I did 8 blocks a month ago to the date today. Sampled and still too young at 2 weeks. Edible but rough/strong. Alot of guys say 6 weeks is required and also say it continues to get better with age like a year+. Planned to rest on counter but the girls complained. I was surprised myself how strong it was (4 hours cob). Due to this, I did uncovered overnight in fridge and vac sealed next day. I am not confident the overnight rest is critical but I bet if you vac sealed the cheese right away it would deform or smoosh (technical term). :D

Yes, don't be in a hurry to taste your smoked cheese. I'm currently consuming cheese that I smoked over a year ago. I would say that the soonest I would taste some cheese would be a good month after it was smoked. One needs to always plan in advance when it comes to smoked cheese.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky