Smoked Boiled eggs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

longshot

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 12, 2006
Kamiah Idaho
Wasn't sure where to post it but here goes... I saw one reference to smoking eggs here just in passing. Has anyone tried it? I was of course just wondering about different foods to try and smoke. Seems to me that the smoke flavor (hickory?) would be good with the egg. It should also stay together better than the Ice Cream... let me know...
L

Smoking pickled eggs seems that it would be proetty intense on the flavor, but what do I know. My wife loves pickled eggs I think the next time I do Cheese I'll throw in a dozen boiled eggs and see what happens. Let me know what you come up with..
Thanks
LL

Long, I've not tried smoking boiled eggs, though I have had some that where smoked by others. Tasty indeed. When I talk about trying it, I get "that look" from the better half. One day I'll get around to doing it for myself!

Well I think I'm gonna try it soon. I want to do one more cold smoke before my first attempt at some trout.

I smoked my first eggs last Friday. They were very good. They don't last long once the kids got home from school though. I definitely wouldn't smoke them for more than half an hour. I would think that they'd make a perfect candidate for a cold smoke.

Dutch, I followed one of the references in this post and found a link that you had listed (about a year ago) for 'Pickled Egg Recipe", but the link did not get me anywhere. Do you still have the link and could you post it again?

Thanks

Sigma Man

OK Folks,
Gonna cold smoke a couple of dozen this weekend when I do some more cheese. I have found that I am going to have to set up a small cold smoker that is of a more permanent nature as I can't stand the howl that is raised when we run out of the cheese. I'll let you know on how they come out with the cold smoke.

Longshot

Sure Sigma-that link was originally posted in "Fruits, Nuts & Vegetables". The reason the link quit working is because they added some more Pickled Egg recipes and changed up the link. Here is the new link to the Pickled Egg Recipes. ENJOY!!

http://http://www.admin.mtu.edu/alumni/eggs/

I cant get the hang of this new system. Miss the roll by sybjects and cant find any bloody thing. Must be the Ausie in me. I have a few chicken about ready, time wise and I think internal temp should be 165F. Can I have a confirm. I think Gunner, you are on like, can you help.

Thanks mate.

Dr,

I am going to do my best to find a scroller that will work with vbulletin.. I have had a ton of you asking me about that.

I will make it a top priority to see what I can find but I can't promise that anything is available right now.

Meanwhile, I am going to set the new posts to show up to 3 days worth of posts to help you find topics in case you have not been here in a couple of days.

Well im over at hooked on smoking house, we have 3 racks of baby backs on the smoker and im doing a dozen of smoked deviled eggs for the first time. Ill let you know how they turn out later.

Ok im letting john post the pics this time since I was a guest. I did the eggs a little diffrent from the posts Ive read. After boiling and cooling them down I cut them in half. Left the yolk in them and smoked for 20 min then mixed in 1 cap of vinegar 2 tbl butter salt and peppered to taste 2 tbl spoons sugar and 1t spoon of creole seasiong. Turned out very good will do again.

I smoked some last weekend. They were pretty good. I'm thinking of trying it again but just smoking the yolk part for deviled eggs. I figure about 30 minutes should do it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky