SMOKED BISON MEATLOAF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
I have never made a meatloaf much less smoked one. I decided to give it a shot. I have been buying Bison burger at Sams Club for years for burgers and such. Love it! Went on YouTube to see if there was a good video of a smoked meatloaf. I went to my favorite smoker, fellow Mississippian Malcolm Reed and low and behold I hit pay dirt! I went to the store and picked up a few of the things I didn't have on hand. 2 pounds of Bison and 1 pound of pork mixed with all the ingredients. Both the preparation and the actual smoking was very easy. The only difference in mine was the Bison instead of regular burger meat. I went exactly by his recipe. Smoked with cherry wood on the Bayou Classic stick burner. 250 to 275 degrees until internal was 160 degrees. Smoke time was 2 hours 15 minutes. I have to say, it was outstanding. If you want to try it just go to his YouTube channel and search, meatloaf. Guaranteed you won't be disappointed. Take care and keep on smokin!!
IMG_4975.jpg

IMG_4974.jpg

IMG_4976.jpg

IMG_4977.jpg

IMG_4990.jpg

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4993.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

Last edited:
You're hooked now . Thats one of the best thing to smoke . Yours looks great .

That looks awesome and probably tasted even better. We just recently tried bison burgers for the first time but now I may have to think meatloaf with it

I splurge on bison for burgers once in awhile. Love it. Your meatloaf looks amazing.

Now that looks absolutely delicious!
We love meatloaf & our local grocery store sells bison. I just have never tried it. But after seeing this I think my next meatloaf will have bison in it!
Nicely done!!!
Al

Now that looks absolutely delicious!
We love meatloaf & our local grocery store sells bison. I just have never tried it. But after seeing this I think my next meatloaf will have bison in it!
Nicely done!!!
Al
Thanks Al. I love the taste. Steaks are good too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky