Smoked BBQ Salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shawnc

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 4, 2015
Decided to try doing smoked salmon with a BBQ sauce glazing. My son tried the finished product and he liked it....have to share the rest now. Here's some photos
Started with this
IMG_20200705_090630950.jpg

Here is midway
IMG_20200705_122244612_HDR.jpg

And the finished product
IMG_20200705_124516234.jpg

Very nice. Cured and cold smoked?
3 hr brine then into the fridge for 16hrs and then smoked for 3.5 hrs at 225. Was worried it would be overcooked but flakey and moist still

I bet that’s good. Amazingly I have yet to try smoking salmon or any fish for that matter.

Looks great.

We have some fresh salmon some friends had flown in and gave us some. I want to slow smoke it just as you described. What did you use for the 3 hr brine?

Looks great.

We have some fresh salmon some friends had flown in and gave us some. I want to slow smoke it just as you described. What did you use for the 3 hr brine?
1 c brown sugar, 1c salt, about a gallon water.

I’m looking to try smoking my 1st piece of Salmon. What s the reason to soaking it in a brine?. What do people use as a brine and for how long. Once you put it in the smoker do you put a rub or sauce on it.

Ran with Shawnc's recipe and method. Super easy and very tasty. Had some friends over and we munched on fancy crackers with some Philadelphia chive and onion cream cheese with the salmon on top. Excellent combo and the salmon was the star of the show.

Thanks, Shawnc

Reactions: shawnc
Ran with Shawnc's recipe and method. Super easy and very tasty. Had some friends over and we munched on fancy crackers with some Philadelphia chive and onion cream cheese with the salmon on top. Excellent combo and the salmon was the star of the show.

Thanks, Shawnc

LOL---Shawnc's is the same strength as mine, but I don't waste as much.
His is 1 c brown sugar, 1c salt, about a gallon water.
Mine is 1/2 c Brown Sugar, 1/2 c of salt, and 1/2 gallon of water.
Mine is a full Step by Step though.

Bear

Reactions: shawnc
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky