Smoked Baked Beans Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That is a very good, basic and flexible recipe right there. Another thanks for sharing.

Man those look great! Check out this thread also. They are a family fav....

Jim

One question, being from Canada i may not be able to get Navy beans, should be able to, but any subs i could use just in case. I would hate to have to abort this for something that simple.

Corey

One question, being from Canada i may not be able to get Navy beans, should be able to, but any subs i could use just in case. I would hate to have to abort this for something that simple.

Corey
Navy beans are usually the "go to" bean for recipes such as this. But I have used others when I didn't have any on hand. The key is making sure you soak them as directed.

Reactions: Coreymacc
Pepper.

I made these about one month ago, amazing! I made a large aluminum pan filled to the brim, they were gone before the brisket!

Thanks

Reactions: JLeonard
That looks like a great recipe. I'll add one to the thread too. Pie filling (yes, this not a typo) is used as the sweet component in KeriC's recipe. When I make them for a party or pot-luck I'll print copies of the recipes because so many people request it.

Reactions: 912smoker
That looks like a great recipe. I'll add one to the thread too. Pie filling (yes, this not a typo) is used as the sweet component in KeriC's recipe. When I make them for a party or pot-luck I'll print copies of the recipes because so many people request it.

Well, I didn't see that one coming! But hey, there are no rules when it comes to bbq, so why the hell not? I'll definitely give it a try.

TY

Peace

Well, I didn't see that one coming! But hey, there are no rules when it comes to bbq, so why the hell not? I'll definitely give it a try.

TY

Peace
Ty, that recipe has been on BBQ forums for at least 20 years and it's very open to substituting ingredients. For instance, it's a little better if you smoke a naked fatty instead of pan frying it for the sausage component, or if you cook the beans on your pit instead of the oven. Here is a pro tip (:emoji_sunglasses:) on the pie filling.... open the can and insert scissors to cut up the pieces, then spoon out the amount you need.

Great recipes and great thread!
If doing canned beans, I go for Great Northern. Otherwise, dry pinto beans soaked overnight. And a can of peach pie filling is pure bliss.

I whipped up a batch, all i could get was canned pinto beans. (Small town grocery). Still smells good going into the smoker.

Corey

One of the big things that attracted me to this recipe was how simple it was. Not a huge amount of prep and fast. Love those kind of recipes, plus i love me some baked beans😆

Corey

Reactions: JLeonard
Well, these are awesome. The ketchup is something im gonna have to play with but as a base recipe and some tweeking. Im Canadian after all, maybe some maple syrup😆 Not bad for 2hrs and 15 min.

thanks Daba's !!!!
Corey
20220805_202259.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky