Smoked Baked Beans Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So finished supper, the beans were amazing. The verdict, my wife and I both agree that the flavor of the canned pinto beans and the dry navy beans was so close it wasn't worth mentioning. The big difference was the texture, the dry beans you can create any texture you want when boiling them. The canned beans were a bit mushy, and there is basically no fixing that. We prefer them a little bit less tender, more on the firmer side.

Summation, I preferred the dry beans for the ability to make them with the texture a person prefers. More work however. If I was in a rush and had to whip up some beans the canned ones would be the answer, just be prepared for possible mushy texture. Flavor is comparable between them.

Corey
thanks for the comparison!

Hey, Joe here from Smoked BBQ Source. Glad you guys enjoyed our baked beans recipe!

If you cooked it and have a second to spare, it would be great if you could leave a rating or comment on the recipe.

Cheers!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky