Smoked almonds are great!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
About 10 miles from the blue turf!
I have done smoked almonds (and sunflower seeds) a number of times now and they come out great.  I have been taking them to get togethers at friends houses and they love them.  I have generally just been using a basic bbq spice rub to coat them and smoking them with hickory or a hickory mesquite combo.

Does anyone have any other good flavor ideas that would go good with almonds other than sweet?  I am looking for an interesting flavor\wood combo to experiment with.

download

I have thought of smoking some pecans, walnut and almonds in hickory then rest a day then cover them in chocolate.  I have done a few smokes but never tried the chocolate.  I prefer to use raw nuts and hot smoke.

Stan

You might try the search engine, there is a load of great proven recipes. I have jumbo pecans (as big as my thumb!), that I smoked a month again still smoothing...... Who ever knew I had such patience! My Mother would never have believed it. Bet she's looking down shaking her head in disbelief.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky