Smoke then electric powered steam

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clearchris

Original poster
Sep 14, 2013
So, I was thinking and since I pretty much always use the texas crutch, I had an idea. Why not smoke, then when i would normally wrap in foil, I just inject steam instead?

I dont think there would be much functional difference there, as water saturated air will prevent evaporation and prevent the stall. Plus, I wouldnt have to tend the smoker as much as I do now.

I do some googling, and yep, all good ideas are already taken. The guys over at cowboy steam smokers are already making these.

http://www.cowboysteamsmoker.com/

Anyone have any comments on this process? I think I can implement this with a water heater element, copper tube, tiny water tank, electronic water valve, water level sensor, thermocouple and an arduino. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky