Smoke Stack placement- advise needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokey_MattUK

Original poster
Mar 23, 2021
Hey All,

so i'm modifying my drum smoker. it's a horizontal drum and i'm moving the chimney.

at the moment, it's at the top on the side. and i'm planning on moving it as per the below. the current location is really not feasible and it needs to be customised.

so the template in the image is something i've mocked up on sketch up.

this is the interior of the right hand side of the smoker.

what my plan is, is to install the 3" stack just above the cooking grate. it's that hole in the middle.

don't worry about the other rail cut outs in the image, as that is where my current grill supports are.

can you please let me know if this is the right place to put it?? as i'll need to weld it in place.

i've got a 90 degree elbow joint that i'll weld in place, and the stack is 3" diameter and 28" in length. it's the perfect size for what i'm doing.

the benefit of what i've planned, is that the smoke stack will screw into the elbow joint, so if this doesn't work after a couple of cooks, i can replace the steel with a longer one, or just weld another tube on top to get more length. hopefully daveomak daveomak can help out here?

Attachments

• BBQ Smoker-RH- Int plate.png
    BBQ Smoker-RH- Int plate.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 25
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky