Smoke Rollin' out of Lincoln

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

huskersmokeman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Lincoln
Hi, gang

The name's Huskersmokeman and I'm the reason smoke is rollin' out of south lincoln, NE day and night. I'm still pretty new to smoking meat, I've been doing beef jerky for quite awhile (mostly dehydrated), and I'm more of a spice and rub man, but I decided I was never going to get the kind of bar-b-q I was looking for unless I learned a little something about the old smoke box, so here I am. I have a Masterbuilt electric smoker, and so far I've run a few Boston Butts and a brisket thru it, and tomorrow morning I'm going to fire up my first attempt at ribs using the 3-2-1 method.

I have to say I'm glad to see you all have an incredible website full of smoking knowledge and good people who aren't trying to sell me a bunch of stuff, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Steve A (aka Huskersmokeman)

HSM,
welcome to the SMF, great folks with lots of great info. I have a MES myself (along w/others) and have really enjoyed it. any questions there are pleny here to answer up, and dont forget we love the q-view.

Lawdog

well, we can have us a get together! I'm in Hastings (moved from Omaha), just trying to learn how to smoke (once I get a decent/working smoker).

welcome from another new guy!

Welcome to SMF Steve! We're glad to have ya! Let's work on that rolling smoke and get it down to a thin wisp. I'm sure Lincoln will appreciate it...hehehe! Enjoy!

Welcome, Dont see many Fellow Cornhuskers round here to much...Alot of Hawkeyes though... Go Huskers...anyway there is a lot of good people here to help..good to have you...

Welcome fellow Husker!!

By way of KCMO that is!

Sounds like I'm about the same as you - new to the smoker - started with Bostons and ready to move on to Ribs ala 3-2-1. Let me know how they turn out!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky