Smoke-O-Ramma

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lookwow

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Menasha WI
So this was actually the weekend of the 19th but my sister took the wrong camera home. It was my brother in laws Birthday and he loves smoked food so me and my dad went all out. I only took pictures of the finished stuff because there was a lot of stuff. So please sit back and enjoy the show.

a9cdb7b8_1.jpg

Are weapons of choice. UDS, Electric ECB and P.O.S Chargriller. Now i have to stop here and say that this is the second smoke on my uds and after the first i liked it. After this one i loved it. 16 hour smoke and could of went 20 without any problems and holes temp like a champ.

29b45053_2.jpg

My dad a cousin hard at work. As you can see we where using RO. I was also tryin gout Stubbs in my UDS and I dont think ill use anything else ever again. So much easyer to load and works great with little ash.

8cd0ad59_3.jpg

So being the crazy nice person i am i woke up early and made a breakfast fatty. First one ive done and like everyone says supper easy.

789bfa6f_4.jpg

And the moneyshot. I used maple flaviord bacon and sausage. Stuffed with eggs, hashbrowns, onions and green pepers.

345b3d49_5.jpg

Had some standard ABTs a few hours before the main course. Now im not kidding when i say we made 3 dozen of these and by the time i set them down and went one room over to get the camera this is what was left. People had 2/3 of them in there hands. We had a talk after that about the importance of pictures.

2b9e3579_6.jpg

Witht he ABTs we also served some smoked cheese we made a few weeks ago. The one thing i did wrong was served the abts and then put out the cheese. It was hard to taste the smoke on them after the abts. From left to right we have Sharp chedder, moz and mild chedder.

832ac56a_7.jpg

Two 8lb butts. Standard brown sugar rub smoked with apple and pecan wood. After reading smokinAl's post on no foiled butts i gave it a try. Takes longer then foiling but well worth it. I wont foil again.

005edec9_8.jpg

And the money shot of one of the butts.

bf90ff95_9.jpg

Four chickens. Brined all four with tips brine. Added some oranges. Then two we put SM cherry rub and two are just SPOG. Then i made a glaze of rassberry, a little bbq and some OJ.

f13aa24e_10.jpg

And here is the finished product. On the table from left to righ we have Mustard Potato Salad,German Potato salad, Dutches beans, Slaw, Smoked chicken, bear bread, pulled pork and a few ABTs. And of cours some of the family. Everything was home made except the mustard potato salad and the slaw which were picked up from a really good deli.

All and all a great day. Lots of smoked food and fun spending time with the family. Hope you enjoyed the picture.

Looks like you all did a fine job and had plenty of great food to share.  Nice to have the whole gang for a meal

Nothing like a couple of good ol' boys tending to some smokers................ Nice looking grub there...

Great job! Everything you put on the table looks delicious! Glad you tried and liked the no foil butt. I'm sure everyone appreciated your hard work!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky