Smoke Bomb Fish and Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eddiememphis

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 22, 2019
Denver
I learned about smoke bombs from Rob Rainford. He used to have a show on my local PBS station many years ago.

A handful of chips in a foil pack with a hole poked in it on a propane grill= smoke bombs!

Adjustments-M.jpg

I dry brined the salmon with kosher salt and sugar. Sprinkled with onion and garlic powders and some sweet smoked paprika.
Grilled skin side down until 125° internal then flipped it over to crisp the top and melt off the albumen.
Off the grill, insert a fork and turn it enough to open the meat but not enough to break it. Add a few thin pats of salted butter and as it melts, drip some fresh lemon juice over it. Then add a lot of black pepper.

The asparagus sticks were sprayed with oil and sprinkled with Eaton's Jamaican Dry Rub. Grilled until the ends are crispy.

Tongue dancing, tummy full and Popcorn approved!

IMG_9150-M.jpg

Nice looking salmon. If I had a gas grill I'd give this one a try.

Point for sure
Chris

Love salmon here too! That looks fantastic. The Eaton’s rub on asparagus, is that a jerk rub?

I love jerk. Eaton’s , Grace and Walkerswood all make great commercial jerk spices and rubs. I love the wet rubs they make.

My Dad loved spicy food, the hotter, the better. I didn't discover Walkerswood until after he passed. He would have loved it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky