Smithfield's Slammin'BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I checked the website last night. They have the teams that have signed up so far, and it looks like I am the 3rd one registered....

Can't wait until I get there. I see Dizzy Pig is going to be there as well.... That is competition......
This will be the first time that I will have the privilege of going up against them.
Bill

Well we are all rooting for you Mr Grumpy!

PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

I would love to.... that is going to be one rough time though... these guys are serious, and good. Take a look at there competition teams. I have seen these guys in action before as a spectator and sample some of their goodies....

See where they have been, and where they have placed... but just remember, on any given day, it can be mine just as well as theirs... so they better watch out....
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif

http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/competition.html

Bill

8 weeks and 1 day, but who is counting.....
cool.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

I'm ready......

Bill

Best of luck to you Grumpster!! I went to the Jersey State BBQ championship last July (my first Q event) to visit and Dizzy Pig was there. You can't worry about the comp, only that you are putting out your best product. You can't control what everyone else is doing! (I sound like my parents) Eight weeks to go...a week to practice each turn in! Lot's of fine tuning time.

Thanks. I am really getting pumped for this one....

I just got a pm from a buddy of mine. He saw that one of the teams there was team of the year last year for KCBS.... all that means is he went to a LOT of KCBS comps, and placed really well. But I have been told by a lot of other teams, that: on any given weekend it can be yours.....

I am ready to go kick some smoking butt...... I may not get Grand Champion, but I am going to give it my best shot... and that is all that can be done.

I have been working on my chicken, which was my weak area, other than than the pork that I couldn't do..... I have done some, and everyone loves it, so I am going with that recipe.....
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Bill

Seven weeks to go, but who is counting....
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I am pumped and ready to roll.....
PDT_Armataz_01_42.gif

I am going to try and remember to get some pics this time. The last time, I got so busy with turn in's.... the camera was the last thing I thought of.

Bill

Thanks everybody.

I picked up my banner today. It is really cool. Since my good cameras bit the dirt, and both of my disposables are now used up, I suppose I will have to either bite the bullet, and buy a good one, or just get a couple of the disposables for now.

I will get a pic, and post it one day.

Bill

Getting closer every day Mrgrumpy!!!! Please bite the bullet and take some pics at the comp....would love to see your set-up.

I am in hopes to get some pics. Last time, I was so busy, that was the last thing on my mind.

I have two volunteers that are going to come and help.... so I think I have an assignment for one of them.....
icon_eek.gif
or both.....

Bill

If you want to know what I am cooking on, look at my sig. Don't take the Brinkman, as gas is not allowed.... but the others do go.

Bill

Yes, both of them.... I love them. I wish I had found out about them yrs ago. I take both CG's and the Weber. I use the Weber to cook our eats on, and the CG's for the comp meats. I will throw the chicken on the Weber at the very end to crisp up the skin some. I know, a little cheating, but, hey, whatever works huh?

Oh, btw, did I tell ya where I will be in 6 wks????
icon_cool.gif

Bill

I is ready to rock and roll..... or is it roll and then rock....
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

I hope everyone is ready for me to show them how to smoke.... cause I is ready to smoke.... more ways than one....
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Bill

I am thinking of even taking the old TV and rabbit ears, along with the laptop, and some cd's.... kick back, relax, smoke... and collect the trophies....and prize monies....
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

LOCK AND LOAD.......

Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky