SMF Spring 2021 Pennsylvania Gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

IH 1026

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 4, 2018
Central PA, Lebanon County
Alright folks, COVID got the spring 2020 Gathering cancelled, so I'm going to try again in 2021.
This event is not meant to overshadow the Fall 2021 Gathering that Farmer holds, but an addition for members that may not be able to attend.

When: April 30, May 1, May 2 for the hardcore people that can hack it
Where: Just North of Hershey, Pennsylvania at my family farm. Not quite God's country, but not the Armpit of America either.
Who: ALL members that wish to attend. I don't care where you're from.. if you want to attend, make your intentions known.
IF YOU WISH TO ATTEND : PM me for an address
RV's/ Campers: We have limited on site RV/ Camper areas that are level. We do have electric in the barn, and well water though the water can be a little rough at times. I will work on a filtration system between now and then. If you're bringing one, let me know ahead of time so I can plan for it.

*****ALL UPDATES will be posted here in the Original Posting at the bottom of the page. Check back often.

*******THIS IS A NUT FREE EVENT. ABSOLUTELY NO NUTS are permitted due to food allergies*** I cannot stress this enough.

There are MULTIPLE grocery stores, campgrounds, gas stations, and modern conveniences within a 3 mile radius, and also quite a few hotels. I'm not yet sure about the Spring 2021 Hershey Park schedule, but if you want more info I can do some digging.

This will be a family friendly event, so plan to act accordingly.

****** Edit 3/1/21 Time to get a head count for the event. If you plan on coming out, speak up so I can plan accordingly and get a menu page started. RV's are welcome, but I need to know how many.

I have a few tire rims available to cook on if you so desire, and can shape the rims a bit with a hand grinder to make it rotisserie friendly if you so desire.

Kingsford Original Charcoal can be provided as I have a friend that can get it for me at a substantial discount. I just need to know how much to get.

POST UP FOLKS!!

****** Edit 4/13 We're having a rib cook off. If you've got something you like to make, or want to make it on site, you're more then welcome to do so.

I have 2 large picnic tables on hand, and 4- 6' folding tables that are going to be available to eat at/ stage food on.

So far the only thing we may possibly be lacking is side dishes. Baked beans are already being handled by a family friend, and I'll throw together some baked potatoes, potato salad, and macaroni salad. If you've got a favorite side, bring it!!

Friday 4/30
Informal dinner of hotdogs and hamburgers. I'll be picking up some delmonico steaks to sear as well. It'll be a good night for folks to relax and prep for the following days cook.

Friday arrival day for some.
Evening dinner hotdogs and burgers.

PcFarmer will bring the hotdogs and rolls
Halfsmoked will bring the burgers and rolls
IH 1026 will have a few Delmonicos to make.. and share.

Chips and etc. a wild card for anyone to bring something.

Saturday 5/1
Breakfast first thing in the morning.. Farmer will provide the eggs for that course.. in addition there will be local made scrapple and bacon on hand. If you walk away hungry, it'll be your own fault.

Dinner should be ready around 5:30 or 6 o'clock.

Dinner Menu
Ribs.. Rib cook off. Smoke em' if you got em'
Open pit skirt steak... Farmer
Bbq chicken... Friend, and hopefully new member
Baked beans :emoji_sunglasses:. Halfsmoked, and Family Friend
Baked potatoes IH
Macaroni salad IH
Potato salad IH
Various chips ... Whomever wants to bring some.

Again, I cannot stress enough **** NO NUTS WHATSOEVER IN ANYTHING YOU BRING. PLEASE.

Last edited:
I have room for a few campers... working on a water filtration system for you guys. Bring a garden hose or 2 for fresh water as we have a well on site.

I'm going to work on getting Kingsford charcoal for you guys that want to cook with charcoal, and for those that want to cook over wood, I can get that too.. just need to get a head count by the beginning of April.

If the weather is bad, we will be eating inside the barn. ALL cooking will be done outside well away from the barn, so bring a pop up canopy if you have one.

ETA: I'll be talking with one of the major bologna makers to see if they can send out a rep. to talk to us about some of what they do. I gave pc farmer pc farmer a sample of their product at the Fall 2020 Gathering, so I hope they can do something again for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: pc farmer
Yup same here even my wife. :emoji_laughing:
But there is no need for you supply all our needs that's up to us to bring our own cooking supplies. Although wood is hard to transport in a camper. But charcoal and spices the meat etc. is up to us.

Warren

Reactions: IH 1026
pc farmer pc farmer .. how did you like the bologna I sent to the fall gathering? I'm off on Friday, so I'll be stopping at Seltzer's on my way home from my errand to get intel.

Folks that plan to attend, I CANNOT stress this enough... NO TREE NUTS OR PEANUTS in anything you make. A few youngsters that will attend have a strong allergy to nuts.

I planned on eating and gathering in the top of the barn, and chef jimmyj chef jimmyj , I can get you there no problem. Just let me know in advance.

There will be NO OPEN FLAMES within 50' of the barn. No smoking allowed except outside in a designated areas. I don't mean to be rude, but this barn is old, and I intend on using it for a few more years to store hay and equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chef jimmyj
pc farmer pc farmer .. how did you like the bologna I sent to the fall gathering? I'm off on Friday, so I'll be stopping at Seltzer's on my way home from my errand to get intel.

Folks that plan to attend, I CANNOT stress this enough... NO TREE NUTS in anything you make. A few youngsters that will attend have a strong allergy to nuts.

I planned on eating and gathering in the top of the barn, and chef jimmyj chef jimmyj , I can get you there no problem. Just let me know in advance.

There will be NO OPEN FLAMES within 50' of the barn. No smoking allowed except outside in a designated areas. I don't mean to be rude, but this barn is old, and I intend on using it for a few more years to store hay and equipment.

It was very good. Thanks. And peanuts. I know what you meant but my son has sever peanut allergy as well as tree nuts. SO thats why IH said this. SO its my fault. LOL

It was very good. Thanks. And peanuts. I know what you meant but my son has sever peanut allergy as well as tree nuts. SO thats why IH said this. SO its my fault. LOL

Actually, my friend has a son with nut allergies... so I'm looking out for you all, I'll edit my post to include peanuts. My bad.

ETA: It seems as though I can no longer edit my original post.. that is going to be a problem.

Actually, my friend has a son with nut allergies... so I'm looking out for you all, I'll edit my post to include peanuts. My bad.

ETA: It seems as though I can no longer edit my original post.. that is going to be a problem.

You cant edit this post? I thought it was old post that members couldnt edit.

Not sure just yet... I'm still hoping to do a Rib Cook-off between some members if we can get enough to show. Your wings were a real hit at Farmers gathering.

Im interested but we will have to see health wise for me that time of year. My wife wants to see that part of the country and we always have fun at those events!

Happy Smoking.
phatbac (Aaron)

phatbac phatbac , we would be glad to have you as a guest.
HalfSmoked HalfSmoked , Kyle would LOVE to help Peachey with his grill.
They can set up side by side and go to town.

What is the consensus of people who plan to attend.. rib cook off, or no? I
can easily adapt, and ribs can be purchased right up the street.

For the folks that plan on arriving Friday.. let me know ahead of time and I will
procure some nice Delmonico steaks for dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: HalfSmoked
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky