SMF Dark Mode is Now Available for All

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The font/size/color chosen doesn't do well in identifying which threads have already been read. Definitely a bit annoying. Text for read threads should be noticeably less bright but they aren't. Very hard to tell the difference. If the font size was made smaller that might work for read threads.
This has been mentioned by others as well and we'll work on making this a little better. Thanks for the feedback!

Click on the 3 stacked dots too the right of insert link and add image.. it's right there in that dropdown.

Reactions: JLeonard
I like it. FYI highlighting text does not work visually. Cut/paste works but you cannot see highlighted area.

Found a glitch.
Captureglitch.PNG
With dark mode you cannot highlight print with your cursor to copy and paste like this

In the Classic the number of views and replies to a post are displayed. The brown, dark & orange only the replies are displayed. This is on an Android phone. Not sure about a computer. Is there a button or toggle I need to envoke to display views?
Appreciate you and your team's efforts.

Reactions: zwiller
In the Classic the number of views and replies to a post are displayed. The brown, dark & orange only the replies are displayed. This is on an Android phone. Not sure about a computer. Is there a button or toggle I need to envoke to display views?
Appreciate you and your team's efforts.
I believe that's just a phone thing. The classic version has a few extra features that was nice but just not coded very well and it's buggy.

I will have to look and see if we are able to add in the views as well as replies on the mobile version.

Reactions: rjob
Check out the text selection colors and see if that's better.
Slightly better but IMO still way too close to unread threads. Change it to light gray like the smaller text below that shows the poster, date, and forum folder

Check out the text selection colors and see if that's better.
Thats odd. I disconnected from my docking port and it works now in dark mode. I was the glitch....At least that what my parents always said.............lol

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE
I made the unread thread titles bright yellow.. too much?🤣

I could also just underline unread post titles in the same white color for a more subtle approach.. any takers?

Reactions: MJB05615 and TNJAKE
I'm not a designer by any stretch.. but the yellow seems a little bit over the top for me. What do you guys think?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky