Small Prime Rib (Cherry Dust)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Small Prime Rib (Cherry Dust)

This one (from Dec, 2018) got kinda small (2lbs, 8oz), after cutting the bones off & leaving a lot of meat on the bones for my Big Dino Feast.
So I thawed it out, rinsed it off, and cut some cross-hatches in it.
Then I coated it with Leah & Perrins Bold Steak Sauce, and sprinkled CBP, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder.
Then I put it on a wire cooling Rack, in a Foil Pan, and into the Fridge until the next morning Smoke.

Then the next day I got the Smoking Gig Going:
10:30———Preheat to 210°. Fill one row of my AMNS with Cherry Dust, and light one end.
11:30———Put Meat/Pan on #2 position of a 6 position MES 40, and reset at 210° for 220° actual Temp.
1:30———- Insert Temp-Probe into Meat at 118° IT (Light Medium Smoke).
2:00———-126°——Juggle Temps to make it get to 140° at 3:45. (LMS)
4:00———-142° IT. Pull Prime Rib & bring in. Let rest 20 minutes.
Slice a piece for each of us.
Add Baked Beans & Deviled Eggs to my plate.

Slice the rest up for Sammies & Such.

Then the next night, I Sauced up a Steak Roll, and a slice of toast, and made a couple Prime Rib Sammies.

And the following night I cut up what was left into bite-sized pieces, and Stir-Fry-Heated it up with some Kelchner’s Pineapple Teriyaki Marinade, until it turned into a thick glaze.

This was Mighty good stuff!!

That’s all that’s left, but remember, I only started with 2 pounds, 8 ounces.

Thanks for stopping by,

Bear

2 pound, 8 ounce Choice Prime Rib (from 12-15-2018):
IMG_5547.jpeg

Just Thawed:
IMG_5548.jpeg

Crosshatch cuts made: (My New Knife)
IMG_5549.jpeg

All Seasoned up:
IMG_5550.jpeg

One row of Cherry Sawdust in my AMNS & lit one end:
IMG_5557.jpeg

Through the Looking Glass----Dust 3/4 burned:
IMG_5558.jpeg

All Done:
IMG_5559.jpeg

Bringing inside: NOTE: No drippings in pan, which means All Juices are still in meat---Another advantage of using Low Smoker Temps:
IMG_5560.jpeg

Ready to slice on my 56 year old Maple End Grain Cutting Board:
IMG_5561.jpeg

One Slice for each of us:
IMG_5563.jpeg

Not much leftovers, on left, but we'll both have some of ours left too:
IMG_5564.jpeg

Bear's Supper: MMMMMmmmmm...............
IMG_5566.jpeg

Leftovers go in the "Green" container:
IMG_5577.jpeg

Second Night: Steak & Sauce go on a Roll & on a slice of Toast:
IMG_5578.jpeg

Melted cheese on top:
IMG_5579.jpeg

Third Night: Cut the rest up into Bite-Size Pieces:
IMG_5586.jpeg

Heating in a Pan, with Pineapple Teriyaki:
IMG_5587.jpeg

Love this stuff:
IMG_5588.jpeg

Turning into a Glaze:
IMG_5589.jpeg

This will be done OFTEN !!! Loved it !
IMG_5590.jpeg

That came out awesome.

Straight cherry is hard to find in my parts.Always looking but never finding other than online.

Wow !! Looks great and some good leftovers too. You know I love Prime Rib.

Gary

That's a beautiful piece of work Bear, that hunk of prime looks done to perfection, Like! I've got a few just like it in my freezer from the primes I bought last Xmas. I'm slowly working my way to get to them, the garage freezer is stuffed. RAY

Another great PR Bear. I LOVE that cutting board (Jana and I have a collection of cutting boards)

We too run multiple meals out of our smokes & cooks. That Pineapple Teriyaki sounds interesting.

Good one Bear as always. I love those prime ribs.....

That Prime Rib is perfectly cooked. Love Prime Rib. I could eat those meals you show every week without a doubt. You ARE the Prime Rib King! That sauce looks interesting.

Big like.

That is cooked to perfection ! Love the glazed up with the sauce .
Nice meals !

great looking prime rib Bear! Perfectly cooked as always. Great looking leftover meals also.

Ryan

That came out awesome.

Straight cherry is hard to find in my parts.Always looking but never finding other than online.

Thank You Norm!!
I get my Cherry Sawdust from Todd, at "Amazing Smokers". I don't get Cherry Pellets, because they won't stay burning in my AMNPS.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Wow !! Looks great and some good leftovers too. You know I love Prime Rib.

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

The prime rib king strikes again! Very nicely done!

Like!!

Thank You Xray!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's a beautiful piece of work Bear, that hunk of prime looks done to perfection, Like! I've got a few just like it in my freezer from the primes I bought last Xmas. I'm slowly working my way to get to them, the garage freezer is stuffed. RAY

Thank You Ray!!
Love a Stuffed Freezer!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That Prime Rib is perfectly cooked. Love Prime Rib. I could eat those meals you show every week without a doubt. You ARE the Prime Rib King! That sauce looks interesting.

Big like.

Thank You Mike!!
Thanks for the Nice Compliments!
And for the Like.

Bear

Another great PR Bear. I LOVE that cutting board (Jana and I have a collection of cutting boards)

We too run multiple meals out of our smokes & cooks. That Pineapple Teriyaki sounds interesting.

Good one Bear as always. I love those prime ribs.....

Thank You Randy!!
I made that Cutting board in 10th Grade (1964). It was all scratched up & scarred.
Bear Jr ran it through his 37" Drum Sander, put new feet on it & oiled it up for me, like new!!
He makes a lot of Cutting Boards in his Shop.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky