Small gathering for the Alabama/Texas A&M game. Looking for suggestions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

va_connoisseur

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
DC Metro - Northern Virginia
I have been asked to smoke some food for ~20 people watching the 'Bama/A&M game. Others will be bringing side dishes. For meats the want ribs and brisket. To avoid being out there all day, I am recommending ribs and CHUCKY.

With 4 full spare racks, how much chuck do you think I need? 5 pounds too much?

Hopefully some others chime in because I have never personally smoked a Chuckie (YET)....but it would probably be safe to assume the same weight loss as a brisket flat which is usually 50-60% loss (maybe less). So with that if you got a 5lber and you got around 2.5-3lbs off it...if you assume 1/3 a pound per person (probably less since you have ribs also) that would feed between 15-18 people...so you should be good with that and ribs! 

You could also smoke a EOR...lean cut so they cook quickly

Sorry...yep Eye of Round. No muscle or fat to break down so you could cook it up in the same time you cook the ribs and slice it up for sandwiches 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky