Slow Cooker Chicken-N-Dumplings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Using up the chicken in the freezer before we leave.

Cheater slow cooker chicken and dumplings. Recipe below.

Chicken broth, cream of chick, onions, celery and diced carrots, SnP
Stir to combine
IMG_5833.jpg

I'm using Tyson oven roasted cubed chicken.
Cover on low 4-6 hrs. (might be sooner)
IMG_5835.jpg

Ingredients
1 (32 oz) container chicken broth
1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup with herbs
1 cup diced onion..........I used already diced combined onions,celery and carrots from publix.
1 cup diced celery
3-4 frozen chicken breasts
1-2 teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup frozen peas and carrotsoptional
½ cup all purpose flour
1 (16 oz) tube refrigerated Pillsbury Grands Refrigerated Biscuits

Instructions
Place chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, diced onions and celery into a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Stir well (it will be a bit lumpy from the cream of chicken soup.)
Add frozen chicken breasts into crock pot and season with garlic salt and pepper.
Cover and cook on low for about 4-6 hours (until chicken is fully cooked through.)
Then take the chicken out and cut it into bite size pieces or shred it with a couple of forks. Put the chicken back into the slow cooker. Add frozen vegetables into the slow cooker if you are using.
Take the biscuits and flatten each one with the palm of your hand. Then cut the biscuits into strips then cut down the center
Put ½ cup flour into a bowl and place slices of biscuits into the flour and toss them to coat well with the flour.
Drop the coated biscuits (one by one into the slow cooker.) Take a spoon and gently push the biscuits down under the broth so the tops get moistened (don't stir.)
Cover and cook on high for about 1 to 1 ½ hours. Carefully take a dumpling out and check to make sure it is cooked through. If not, continue to cook until done.
Give it all a gentle stir. Sprinkle with some dried parsley (optional.) Then serve.
BBL

I like the Canned Biscuit Dough idea. A lot less work...JJ

Looking good! I know its "cold weather" food but I can eat chicken and dumplings any time.

Jim

Looks great, been using canned and frozen biscuits for years as dumplings, its a good easy cheat lol I am a sorry dumpling maker, can open a package of the frozen ones real easy though :emoji_laughing:

Mike I'm with you on the dumplings . I get them right about 50 % of the time .
I saw the canned biscuit comment . Great idea . I used to cut them up , mix with canned cherry pie filling and bake in the oven for a fast dessert .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky