• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Slaughterhouse Poultry brine & rub

kryinggame

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 16, 2007
Hi gang,

Sunday, I'm going to smoke a few chicken halves.  it's been so long since I've used the Slaughterhouse brine recipe.  Anyway, after bringing, I'm looking for a decent rub.  Since the chickens will be brined, I don't need a strong rub.  I actually may just rub the chicken with either kosher salt (or Tony C's), garlic and pepper.

But what rubs do ya'll use, after brining.

Thanks!

junkcollector

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 14, 2012
to each their own according to what they like. my house, my wife uses a generic ***italian  seasong** from a bottle, adds some garlic/onion powder and just a lil  bit of lawrys seasoning salt for her rub.

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 9, 2009
I like to brush on a mixture of melted garlic butter and EVOO, then dust the bird with lemon pepper, Lawry's seasoned salt, and a little sage (both over and under the skin).

Red

kryinggame

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 16, 2007

I like to brush on a mixture of melted garlic butter and EVOO, then dust the bird with lemon pepper, Lawry's seasoned salt, and a little sage (both over and under the skin).

Red
Now that there sounds good!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.