Slammer, located in the Front Range of Colorado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Slammer

Original poster
Jan 7, 2021
I've had a 40" electric Masterbuilt for 5 or 6 years. I've had some fun with it and wanted to step up my game a bit. I really like the ease of use with the electric, so I bought another; MES440 with grill+finish element, rotisserie, extra probes and racks. So far it's been quite the hassle with Masterbuilt getting a few issues squared away... but that's another story.

Anyway, looking to start smoking a bit more. A couple things I'd like to get better at are adding complete meals to the smoker while smoking and living at 5000' elevation, figuring out times and temps that work better.

My guess with veggies and sides will be to add them to a foil covered aluminum pan.

So far, I've added about 10% to all times and temps to adjust to high altitude, which seems to help.

I've found quite a bit of useful info over the last few days on the site. Thank you to everyone who contributes!

Welcome to SMF from Arkansas. You sure are up there in Colorado. My elevation is around 850.
For me, if I am on a fixed time schedule, I usually smoke my main dish over night or the day before. A lot of factors involved too. Being comfortable with your smoker, how it maintains heat, the type of meat smoking, weather..etc.
Anyway, glad you joined!

Welcome. And your right. A lot of good people with a lot of experience on here. I’ve learned a lot I’m sure you’ll enjoy it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky