Sirloin Tip Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigace

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 6, 2015
Pennsylvania
Going to try smoking a sirlon tip roast!! Any help will be greatly appreciated!! I want to slice it at med rare!!

I like to do a low temp smoke so the roast will get more time in the smoke. I'll run the smoker around 180. I keep it pretty simple rub the roast with salt pepper garlic right before going in the smoker. Typically use cherry it a mix of cherry and pecan. I smoke until the roast hits an IT of 130. Pull it wrap in fool and rest for 30-45 min before slicing. If you like Au Jus search for Chef JJ's smokey Au Jus. I have a link to it in my Mega Mother of cook links thread. If post the links for us but my iPhone won't let me copy and paste on this site anymore.

I agree cherry wood is good and I do mine at 200-225 until 130 foil it then after it cools a bit mine goes into the fridge then onto the slicer

I like Cherry wood, but I ran out about a year and a half ago. I smoke at 225 º  and what piney and bear said

Gary

Reactions: bigace
Looks Great Lee!!!
drool.gif

Great Sammies in your future!!
icon14.gif
-----------------
points.gif

I like to heat up some Au Jus, and drop a bunch of thin slices in it for awesome RB Sammies!!!
drool.gif

Bear

Reactions: bigace
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky