Sirloin Tip Roast

Discussion in 'Beef' started by bigace, Jun 3, 2015.

1. bigace

bigace Fire Starter

Going to try smoking a sirlon tip roast!! Any help will be greatly appreciated!! I want to slice it at med rare!!

2. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I like to do a low temp smoke so the roast will get more time in the smoke. I'll run the smoker around 180. I keep it pretty simple rub the roast with salt pepper garlic right before going in the smoker. Typically use cherry it a mix of cherry and pecan. I smoke until the roast hits an IT of 130. Pull it wrap in fool and rest for 30-45 min before slicing. If you like Au Jus search for Chef JJ's smokey Au Jus. I have a link to it in my Mega Mother of cook links thread. If post the links for us but my iPhone won't let me copy and paste on this site anymore.

bigace and demosthenes9 like this.
  3. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

I agree cherry wood is good and I do mine at 200-225 until 130 foil it then after it cools a bit mine goes into the fridge then onto the slicer

bigace and demosthenes9 like this.
  4. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Here ya go Bigace!!

My Favorite Step by Step on Sirloin Tip Roast:

Rare Roast Beef (Smoked for Sammies)       

Later Buddy!!

Bear         

demosthenes9 and bigace like this.
  5. I like Cherry wood, but I ran out about a year and a half ago. I smoke at 225 º  and what piney and bear said

Gary

bigace likes this.
  6. bigace

bigace Fire Starter

Finished Sirloin tip roast!!

7. bigace

bigace Fire Starter

[ATTACHMENT=2123]WP_20150607_15_40_19_Pro.jpg (1,323k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

bearcarver likes this.
  8. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks Great Lee!!![​IMG]

Great Sammies in your future!![​IMG]-----------------[​IMG]

I like to heat up some Au Jus, and drop a bunch of thin slices in it for awesome RB Sammies!!![​IMG]

Bear

bigace likes this.
  9. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great job , Lee.

Nice sammes for a while .

bigace likes this.
  10. bigace

bigace Fire Starter

Thanks!! Sammiches today!!

11. Wish I had one or three  !!!

Gary

12. Hope this isn't a dumb question... But is that where the tri tip comes from?

Looks like this... http://www.calbeef.org/cmdocs/californiabc/cutting instructions.pdf

Your cooked view helps show the separations to me. Unless I'm looking at it wrong.

13. bigace

bigace Fire Starter

I'm not sure!!