Sirloin End Bonless Pork Roast ?????????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Tampa area, Florida.
OK... So the wife lays this out to thaw and says I can do it on the smoker... Dahell do I do with it (did a handy dandy search and come up empty) ? Gonna search for a good rub unless somebody has one they wanna share... Should I do it for slicing or pulling ? Should I brine it as there doesn't look like much fat on it ? Any other preparations I should do ? All comments are more than welcome

I'd personally probably slice it. I am not very good with different cuts of meat at  all but this almost looks like a pork loin. I bet you could stuff that baby and it would be awesome. Do a search for stuffed pork loin and see what you get. Basically you cut the loin open then stuff it and roll it back up and tie it and they are so good. Hopefully someone else can give you some ideas.

rbranster it right, it is a boneless loin.  It is from the sirloin end, not the center.  Definitely not for pulling.  It is too lean. 

I would suggest brining it because it can dry out easily.  Give it a good rub, then smoking to 145 or 150 for slicing.  If you want it crispy, take it out of the smoker before 145 and finish on the grill or under the broiler.

I say   filet it, roll it out, pack it with goat cheese and spinach then roll it up tie it and smoke it

and post some pics

I got to agree stuff it. We like fresh spinach, feta & provolone cheese. When you stuff it you take your knife and go in about an inch and keep cutting & unroll it until you have a uniform piece about 1" thick.

Last edited:
I pull mine at 145º IT, and they are nice and juicy.

I also like a simple SPOG on mine.

goodluck.gif

One Word....Porchetta!...JJ

I have done a few of these..

Same as Raptor...SPOG and out at ...145.

Sliced up thick and juicy!!

Craig

Basically....Open it up, spread with a generous amout of Garlic, Fresh Herbs, I like Dill, some Rosemary and Italian Parsley. Add S & P, some Parm Cheese. Roll it all up, tie it and Smoke to 140*F rest 30 minutes and slice it...Killer good eats! I like it Hot or Cold on Sammies....JJ

Last edited:
Basically....Open it up, spread with a generous amout of Garlic, Fresh Herbs, I like Dill, some Rosemary and Italian Parsley. Add S & P, some Parm Cheese. Roll it all up, tie it and Smoke to 140*F rest 30 minutes and slice it...Killer good eats! I like it Hot or Cold on Sammies....JJ

That sounds awesome!!!

Welp... all the stuffed stuff sounds ecxellent,, but I don't have the ingrediants.. So this Is what I came up with

For the rub...

1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg

and then some apple/cinnamon topping

Finely chop two large or three medium sweet apples (Fuji or Gala are great varieties for this) and place in a saucepan. Add one tablespoon sugar, one-half teaspoon each of cinnamon, paprika, salt and white pepper, and two tablespoons rice wine vinegar. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat, then lower to a simmer. Cook gently until the apples are tender.

Slice the smoked pork loin and top with a spoonful of the sauce.

will post pics later

(recipe provided by a different web site}

Last edited:
Gonna have to put it on hold for a day... something came up and can't do it today

Last edited:
No No No... all Is well... we have family leaving in the morning to go back to TN (wish I was going too)... So we have to go over tonight and drink beer with em...LOL... Raptor.. that looks pretty damn good too

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky