simple summer sausage-again.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

checkdude

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 1, 2016
winnipeg. canada
Recently i have relized im out of all sorts of sausages (the horror! ) and decided to go with Disco's simple summer sausage. Made it couple of times before and liked it. Used 2inch collagen casings becouse they are the perfect size for crackers and cheese.
20231207_123618.jpg
all ready to party.
20231207_130517.jpg
two days rest in the fridge and into the smoker they go.
20231210_153443.jpg
Not bad at all. Ate half the chub for lunch today lol. Thanks for looking.

Looks tasty! I love that kind of stuff with crackers and cheese( and occasionally kimchee)! One of our favorite ways to eat it is quick fried in a pan or on the griddle. Usually really brings out the flavor! Great treat out in the shop, camping or for breakfast in the duck blind!
Good job dude! You'll be set for snacks for awhile!

Looks tasty! I love that kind of stuff with crackers and cheese( and occasionally kimchee)! One of our favorite ways to eat it is quick fried in a pan or on the griddle. Usually really brings out the flavor! Great treat out in the shop, camping or for breakfast in the duck blind!
Good job dude! You'll be set for snacks for awhile!
thanks for the kind words.

I thought to post a follow up. After I mixed the jamaican sauce I gave it a taste. Wow! Them peppers are hot! I better be careful so 1tb. And mix. Do a little fry test. Not enough so 1 more. This time I got a tingle so a pinch more and stopped. ( don't judge me-I am Canadian). Smoked them, let them bloom and put away. Just had a lunch and what a disappointment. The heat has disappeared. So cut a slice and put knife tip of the sauce on and hello-there you are. Since only made 6 links to try it won't be long before I'll be making more. This time I won't be timid and dump the whole jar it. Why did the heat disappear?. Is it because the smoke? Every time I do the fry test it tastes nothing like the finished product. Am getting little frustrated. Aaa well. Got to eat my mistakes to get better lol!

Reactions: Buckeyedude
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky