Simple skillet. Brownie.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Made a simple chocolate pecan skillet brownie I’m the Field #8. We make this in the Dutch oven when we are camping.

Recipe:

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing skillet
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, at room temp
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chocolate chips, chunks or nuts, plus more for topping

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch skillet with butter.

In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt.

Add the eggs one at a time, whisking between each addition.

Fold in the flour and chocolate chips just until the flour is combined.

Transfer the batter into the greased skillet, smoothing it into an even layer. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top.

Bake for 30 to 34 minutes until the center is just set.

Remove the skillet from the oven.

Allow to cool 5 minutes and turn out onto cooling rack. Serve or allow to cool fully and serve later.

4B9A109D-65EF-453F-B203-43CD318FAF11.jpeg

D0B3FD72-00E4-4F98-9431-387C62972CEF.jpeg

B8970269-C5E5-41F5-8D83-2D15E679D422.jpeg

B19B7E76-E500-4F1B-ADD0-F60E4E35FFEB.jpeg

82591978-1FF2-4E93-A618-4B6067CA19C3.jpeg

Looks great.
Oven is a lot nicer to control heat than counting briquettes. I've never made these at home. Only on a Scouting adventure.
Serve or allow to cool fully and serve later
Obviously not a Scout Leader. There is no such thing as serve later in scouts.
Try putting marshmallows on top

Looks great.
Oven is a lot nicer to control heat than counting briquettes. I've never made these at home. Only on a Scouting adventure.
Obviously not a Scout Leader. There is no such thing as serve later in scouts.
Try putting marshmallows on top
Actually yes been a scout leader. A smart one. Only made dump cake and saved the brownies for the leaders!

Reactions: Fueling Around
Many fine desserts at camp. The best was an apple caramel melt that no one can remember how we made it.

Many years ago we got into the brownie kick.
Discovered the best form of bribery to summer camp counselors was a pan of do brownies. We tossed marshmallows on a batch and got the winner winner.

I'm not big into desserts as a general rule but I do have a couple of weaknesses, brownies being one of them. I've got this printed and into the Big Black Book. They may well get made for one of the 3 Christmas dinners I'll be doing over the next week. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Robert

I'm not big into desserts as a general rule but I do have a couple of weaknesses, brownies being one of them. I've got this printed and into the Big Black Book. They may well get made for one of the 3 Christmas dinners I'll be doing over the next week. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Robert
It’s super tasty. Splurge and use a really high quality cocoa powder like ghirardelli cocoa powder. I used their 100% cocoa premium baking powder. I use it in anything I make that is chocolate. Really takes the flavor to the next level.

I used their 100% cocoa premium baking powder. I use it in anything I make that is chocolate. Really takes the flavor to the next level.

Thanks so much once again for the input. I've pretty much decided that these brownies will get made very soon.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky