1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Shrimpy ABT's

Discussion in 'ABT's' started by disco, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Gwanger

Gwanger Smoking Fanatic

Disco-this recipe for shrimp abt with a horseradish sauce just sparked my interested, I just made horseradish last wk.First time doing it, was simple easy.you need a gas mask when you take top off of food processor, try sometime

2. Steve H

Steve H Meat Mopper

I just had ABTs last night. The frozen, deep fried variety. This recipe is a must do next weekend. Looks awesome.

3. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Har! I have had similar experience with fresh horseradish! It is powerful stuff. I have never tried making my own but I do have a buddy who grows horseradish and makes a great sauce.

4. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thanks so much! I hope you like it!

5. Gwanger

Gwanger Smoking Fanatic

Disco,I was looking to make some horseradish with a little more potency,I got it, I peeled the root of any skin layer and then grated it with grater blade in fp ,this is where it gets dangerous, when you take lid off of fp, stand back or your eyes will water and your sinuses will pour, add purified water well water will give you off taste a tbl. at a time dont add vinegar for 3 min. add white vinegar a tbl. at a time vinegar tames it down, make as potent as you like. I like mine kicking, I got what I wanted.Make sure you store in inverted jars to maintain potency. Give it a shot.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018