Shrimp and sausage pasta night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Before I start I want to apologize for not having a plated picture. Lol. This was so good I was too busy stuffing my face!

Anyway i had found a recipe a while back and this is a variation of it. Really easy and fast and really tasty.

Start out with about 1lb of shrimp. Seasoned with salt pepper dried oregano and Cajun seasoning. Cook in just a little oil . the shrimp only takes a short few minutes.
1020202147.jpg

Remove the shrimp and add some sliced smoked sausage and brown all sides. Andouille sausage works nice. I used a reagular store baught smomed sausage.
1020202152.jpg

Once thats browned add in a half onion and a red bell pepper diced. Cook until the get soft then add in some minced garlic and more Cajun seasoning. Cook for just a couple more minutes.
1020202159.jpg

Next up about a cup of crushed tomato and a cup of chicken broth. This will deglaze the pan so you get all the brown bits of flavor into the sauce.
1020202207.jpg

Then we add a cup of heavy cream
1020202208.jpg

Then about 2oz of cream cheese cut up. Stir it in until it all melts and starts to thicken up.
1020202218.jpg

Then add back the sausage and the shrimp
1020202256.jpg

And last toss in some fettuccine pasta and it's ready to serve.
1021202112.jpg

Like I said I forgot a plated shot but this is some real good stuff. I used shiritaki noodles to keep it low in carbs for the wife. I am amaized at how good they are and how close to real pasta they are.
Thanks for taking a look!

That looks awesome

Looks delicious! But tell us the truth...the last pic was the plated pic, never made it to a plate...just ate it straight from the skillet! :emoji_laughing: I know I would have

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: Sowsage
Looks delicious! But tell us the truth...the last pic was the plated pic, never made it to a plate...just ate it straight from the skillet! :emoji_laughing: I know I would have

Ryan
Thanks !Lol! Well if I was just feeding myself no doubt it would have been right out of the pan!

We make something very similar to that about once every couple of weeks, but yours looks absolutely delicious!
Nicely done!
Al

We make something very similar to that about once every couple of weeks, but yours looks absolutely delicious!
Nicely done!
Al
Thanks Al. This is definitely something I could put into our normal meal rotation. We loved it and both the boys had no problem finishing their plates!

Great looking meal right there Travis! As you said, not overly complicated but sure looks darned tasty. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Robert

Great looking meal right there Travis! As you said, not overly complicated but sure looks darned tasty. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Robert
Thanks Robert ! This would make a great cast iron meal on your Rec Tec!

Thanks for sharing. I'm always looking for something different and easy...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky