• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Shrimo Fattie for the throw down

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
Here are the qview for my entry

Shrimp still dressed

Naked Shrimp

Rolled and waiting for weave

Smoked Crab Balls

Dinner

It was very good.  Smoked at 225 for 3 hours using hickory.

Thanks for looking

miamirick

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2009
i love the seafood,  how bout some tips on how you made the crab balls   i want to try those

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Awesome entry!  I'd look for that at a buffet table and clean them out.

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
i love the seafood,  how bout some tips on how you made the crab balls   i want to try those
That was the simple part, 1 lb crab meat, then use the old bay crab cake packet.  Making them balls vs cakes.  After baking them I smoked them for 1 hour.  Old Bay is every where but if you do not have the cab cake mix let me know

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
Great Looking Fattie, this was a real tough crowd this time around,  Hope the next one has as many great entries...

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
That all looks great! Thanks for the crab ball recipe.  I don't know what I'd do without Old Bay!

bpopovitz

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 29, 2008
Great looking entry, I've been wondering about seafood fatties.  I'm not a big fan of seafood, but the wife is.  Thanks for the inspiration, I'll have to give something like this a try.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

the fattie looks awesome an I really loves those crab cakes/balls what ever you called them but I bet they were YummO too. How were the shrimp in the fattie I did them once and they came ou all chalky and sh....

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010

the fattie looks awesome an I really loves those crab cakes/balls what ever you called them but I bet they were YummO too. How were the shrimp in the fattie I did them once and they came ou all chalky and sh....

The shrimp came out good.  We smoke them @ 225 for no more then 3 hrs and it seems to always work out

bbally

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 24, 2007
Excellent entry... I love the crab balls.  I have used the old crab cake mix with success in the past.  Good product.

Nice work on the entry.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.