Shoulders at Kroger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

greg1

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 18, 2014
If you have a Kroger supermarket in your area, pork shoulders are on sale for $.99lb. Picked up 41lbs for graduation party's.

Reactions: zwiller
Yep, need to do the exact same thing. Found out the head count last night and guesstimate was 100 people! PP not only protein so think I need around 50lb.

I forgot to add at least at the central Indiana stores it a 4 day sale that ends Sunday April 29th

IMG_1590.jpg

Heard this on the radio on the way to work in Atlanta. They also said limit 2, but that is still a good deal. I usually stock up on the $.99 a lb deal, and may have to make a couple of trips.

Picked up 3 so no limit here. Larger and nicer than I typically see. Averaging 8lbs.

Noob here.

I assume we can toss these in the deep freeze and thaw in the fridge over a day or two before smoking at a later date?

We have same sale about once every 2 weeks at kroger in Michigan.

It's $1.49 to $1.99 a lb at almost all stores regular price year round. .99¢ is very common sale price .
IMG_20180428_171100.png

I'd wager a decent sized butt would take almost a week to thaw completely in the fridge. Yeah, .99/lb is pretty common sale price here too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky