shoulder, shrimp, scallops and stuff for spring breakers PLENTY of PICS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 28, 2009
plantation fl
we had some of our cousins come down from Ohio for spring break, they were anxious to get in the sun ride the jet ski, go to the beach, swim in the pool and

EAT   so we fired up the smoker on saturday and made too much food as usual

6104f503_springbreak001.jpg

heres some chicken wings marinading in jerk sauce overnight  very hot

499eb69d_springbreak002.jpg

got a pork shoulder, out of butts,  mustard slather and some spices marinated overnight

b93a0ca3_springbreak003.jpg

this is about four hours into the smoke

416f60c5_springbreak004.jpg

i added some shrimps, scallops, japs on for snacks,  the pork is on top shelf covered with alum and steaming in apple juice

f3b11cd9_springbreak005.jpg

put the wings on the grill for some snacks with the other snacks

e6a8ea21_springbreak006.jpg

heres the scallops wrapped in bacon and i used yoshidas as a sauce during the smoke

1042cef6_springbreak008.jpg

and some shrimps wrapped in bacon, also covered in yoshidas

9c8d28cc_springbreak009.jpg

heres some japs filled with seafood cheese spread, and coverd with a bacon  also a little sippin bourbon!!!

0408e8b6_springbreak011.jpg

that looks like a happy table!!!!!!   and some empty plates

4afce424_springbreak013.jpg

this is the shoulder after almost 9 hours  it was 8 lbs start weight,    the bone fell off!!!

e868e455_springbreak015.jpg

pulled and ready for sandwiches

aee9bfbc_springbreak016.jpg

our dinner buffet line,  can you tell shes one from ohio,  very white, no sunburn yet!!  shes used to the snow

34e16c2c_springbreak017.jpg

well that was our saturday,  took em to the beach on sunday and got plenty of sun  it was a balmy 88 degrees and quite sunny they didnt know what all that sunshine was

we all had a good time

thanks for looking

Great looking spread Rick. Love the shrimp and scallops

Last edited:
Hey Rick----Everything looks Super!

You did the scallops wrapped in Bacon just to tease me, right????

Where the heck is my buddy ?????   I looked through these pics three times, and I can't find him !!!!  
icon_cry.gif

Bear

bear   i was thinking of you freezing in the snow as i devoured those shrimps and scallops at the pool,  your right i cant believe i didnt get the pup in any pics,  guess there was too much bud and jack and food    heres one for ya though
36c2145e_penny005.jpg

LOVE that pic, Rick! I might have to make it my wallpaper for a while!  Bear wasn't the only one double checking for your sous-chef - had me a little worried there!

Nice spread rick........... I like my scallops wrapped in prosciutto........... expensive but well worth it......

Everything looks great Rick with the exception of the Coozie with the Budweiser and the can of Budweiser,  The Becks is OKAY...LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky