Short Rib Burnt Ends On The Stickburner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks amazing!!! Might just print off the picture and gnaw on that for a bit!!! Reminds me of how much I miss having a stick burner. Thanks much for sharing!!

Howdy smokers. Cold snowy day here in Tennessee. Fired up the stickburner for some burnt ends and beans.

Started off with some boneless beef short ribsView attachment 479814
These had great marbling. Seasoned with Jeff's Texas rubView attachment 479815
Got some beans readyView attachment 479816View attachment 479817
Got the smoker running 250 using hickory and cherryView attachment 479818View attachment 479819View attachment 479820
Thin blue smokeView attachment 479821
Smoked 4hrs until ribs reached 190. Pulled off and cubedView attachment 479822
Mixed with bbq sauce, butter and Guinness beer. In a pan and back in the smoker for another hour or soView attachment 479823
After I pulled off smokerView attachment 479824
Plated with the beans and some store bought tater saladView attachment 479825
These burnt ends were amazingView attachment 479826
So tender and juicy. Thanks for looking
Those look great !

man that looks good. I am intrigued by the beans with the fruit in it. I've done Dutches with the pineapple.
Jim

Thanks jim. Give them a try. They are delicious
I thought same thing. I don't know how you even put them cubed meat back in there. That ring and look.. drooling... Wow, those look AMAZING! Had to have been killer! :emoji_clap:

I thought same thing. I don't know how you even put them cubed meat back in there. That ring and look.. drooling... Wow, those look AMAZING! Had to have been killer! :emoji_clap:
Thanks bud. I definitely had some test pieces before I put them back on the smoker. They were juicy and delicious. My new favorite burnt end

Late to the party, but looked great, Jake! Coincidence and fortuitous ...
I actually just stumbled on this thread as I just got done throwing some breasts on, and had a few CSRs to toss on and was going to give it a first time go as burnt ends. Probably not done for dinner, not sure if a late night snack or reheat for tomorrow.
Do you always use a stout for some liquid?

Late to the party, but looked great, Jake! Coincidence and fortuitous ...
I actually just stumbled on this thread as I just got done throwing some breasts on, and had a few CSRs to toss on and was going to give it a first time go as burnt ends. Probably not done for dinner, not sure if a late night snack or reheat for tomorrow.
Do you always use a stout for some liquid?
Thanks bud. I like using a dark beer in my wrap step with beef. Things like chucks, burnt ends, ox tail etc. I used to use it with whole beef ribs but I don't wrap those anymore. Also used it in brisket wrap but now I use paper so no liquid. The dark beer compliments the beef really well. Never added beer with pork though so not sure how it would be on csr's

Never added beer with pork though so not sure how it would be on csr's
Yeah, same here and wonder about that too. Think I will pass on adding the beer, or ingest separately without wasting the alcohol 🍺

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky