Shooters Prime Thanksgiving Pic Heavy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shooterrick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 13, 2008
South Louisiana
This Thanksgiving Sandy and I stayed home and prepared a bit non traditional supper. The menu was: Prime Rib, Shooters roasted taters and mushrooms, asparagus, Sandys homemade apple pie and french bread. Pan drippings were fortified with concentrated beef broth for the au jus and the Prime was seasoned with sea salt, CBP, juniper, and garlic. I foiled in pan at 120 and pulled at 140F and was perfect medium rare. Not shown was horseradish sauce for me. LOL

Standing Rib Roast rubbed down with seasoning after olive oil slather night before

c4ced767_PrimeRibThanks2010094.jpg

About half way through smoking with Pecan at 225-250F

032e04bb_PrimeRibThanks2010099.jpg

Sandy making pie crust

cd88c24f_PrimeRibThanks2010096.jpg

French bread ready for oven

2c07e97c_PrimeRibThanks2010103.jpg

Au Jus reduction 

88ef7cae_PrimeRibThanks2010105.jpg

Roasted Taters and Mushrooms

a0dc0c76_PrimeRibThanks2010101.jpg

Apple Pie Yum

9e477c77_PrimeRibThanks2010100.jpg

French bread!

19789dbb_PrimeRibThanks2010108.jpg

The table money shot!

f4d6c7a5_PrimeRibThanks2010111.jpg

Shooter enjoying the pie!

e6c4b288_PrimeRibThanks2010112.jpg

Damn, just lost another keyboard.  After looking at these pics I guess I drooled too much on it  

Hope everyone had a great day.....sure looks like Shooter did.

All the best.

It may not have been the traditional meal but with as good as it all looks, I would have to say the heck with tradition.

Very nice spread.

icon_cool.gif

Rick you did another fine job. I know that prime rib is not the typical thanksgiving day treats but you not quite right anyway. I do think that it is mighty good thou. Then I can tell by your growing waistline that you haven't lost your touch.

Rick, looks excellent, wondering what temp you pulled that rib at?  And how long did you smoke it?  What wood or woods did you use on it?

Awesome looking spread there Shooter!

I started drooling the other day, when you told me you were smoking one of these "Bad Boys".

I knew it would be perfect!

Taters look super too!---and the PIE!

Nice Qview too,

Bear

Great looking spread Rick, prime rib is one of my favorite cuts, but it's hard to get good PR in a resturaunt so one must do it at home for it to be right & yours looked right. The spuds looked absolutely mouth watering, any chance for a recipe?

Rick, looks excellent, wondering what temp you pulled that rib at?  And how long did you smoke it?  What wood or woods did you use on it?
I pulled the roast at 140F.  Was a near perfect medium rare.  The wood was Pecan.  Took just under 5hrs at 225-250F.  At 120 I put in foil pan and dumped a can of concentrated beef broth in to make the Au Jus with afterwards.  I sealed the pan with foil until finished.

Potatoes.  Russets,  sliced about 1/4 inch.  Mushrooms, sliced.  No real recipe for season but I use Lawreys Season salt, garlic , red pepper, and the traditional other italian herbs-thyme, oregano, and one stick butter melted.  At the last 10 minutes in 350 F oven I give it a sound shake of Parmesan cheese and let brown.   Stir carefully about 1/2 way through to insure all is coated.  Will take about 45 min or so to roast.

Another pic or so for good measure:

96cd0491_PrimeRibThanks2010107.jpg

53e22ab3_PrimeRibThanks2010109.jpg

4853ac18_PrimeRibThanks2010102.jpg

Smiles all and hope you had a great one.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky