Shed Sausage Hanging Rod

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Going to give the shed a try, damn near perfect for temp/humidity for hanging dry sausage.

IMG_3716.jpg

We have bears at times. i seen a few panthers more than i have bears.

I dont think im worried about a gator jumping that high...lol

We have some pretty good breezes that keep temps pretty low, only 8 miles from the gulf.

Pretty mild right now.
IMG_3719.PNG

One of the 8 gators we have in the resort. 8 that i have counted.
g4p.jpg

Reactions: PolishDeli
Im just going to see where this goes. Its just meat.

Sweet, I can't wait to see what you dry/ cure in there.

My Gramp's made many, many types of cured meats and never used a curing chamber. He hung everything in his root cellar in San Diego CA year round just like his Poppa did when he was a kid back in Sicily. I don't get why everything needs to be overly complicated these days. They didn't use scales and percentages as long as they used the right amount of celery seed and juice things were good to go. And get this nobody ever got sick or died in fact people raved over his cured meats. I'm personally on a mission to talk with every living aunt, uncle and cousin to find my Gramp's old recipes/ notebooks. Much like most Sicilian Chef's Gramp's basically only wrote measurements in handfuls, pinches and if your lucky cups which weren't real cups they were his wine jars that soft cheese use to come in...thank god I have a few of his old wine "cups".

Best of luck too you.
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky