selling smoked cheese question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
All good info above.....I've been approached often about the same ideas with my spice rubs, marinades, PP etc.....Case is correct, the 'hobby' can become work quickly. The MAIN thing to consider IF you do anything is to become a LLC so you don't lose all your goodies and house due to a frivolous lawsuit. I just cook for spare change now but have owned restaurants, pizza joints in the past and it seems everybody makes decent money but the owner.....Willie
If you become an LLC use a registered agent in MT. in Flathead County no sales tax on vehicles...permanent plates on trailers, bikes and any car over 10 years old. Pickup, Suv, 2 trailers and a bike cost me $49 a year, for the agent, to register. And no emissions....sorry for the hi-jack

Sound advice right here. Once it becomes work it will no longer be enjoyable
Oh come on people. That's just not true. My current job isn't enjoyable at all. I love my hobby of sausage making, and if I could do that full time I'd love it. Sitting around cranking out sausages, making recipes, experimenting with new stuff all the while making money doing it....that just sounds awesome. To me at least. I'm actually in search of ways to get into business myself and may be finding one this year.

Some people search there whole lives to "enjoy" the work they do 40+ hours a week. I think it should be something we aim for. Of course, if you don't have a passion for it then things might get annoying.

Oh come on people. That's just not true. My current job isn't enjoyable at all. I love my hobby of sausage making, and if I could do that full time I'd love it. Sitting around cranking out sausages, making recipes, experimenting with new stuff all the while making money doing it....that just sounds awesome. To me at least. I'm actually in search of ways to get into business myself and may be finding one this year.

Some people search there whole lives to "enjoy" the work they do 40+ hours a week. I think it should be something we aim for. Of course, if you don't have a passion for it then things might get annoying.
It's not as bad as we make it sound but it is true for most people. I still enjoy making jewelry now that it's my job but I enjoyed it much more when it was a hobby. There is always pressure involved (gotta make money when it is your job and paying the bills, etc) that isn't there when it is a hobby. I'd leave pieces on the bench sometimes for 2-3 months or more if I just wasn't feeling it as a hobby. Now those pieces have to get done on a timeline or my family doesn't eat and we don't have a roof over our heads. 

Don't get me wrong. I still love making jewelry as a job more than any other job I've had because it was a hobby and something I was independently passionate about but it certainly isn't as fun now as it used to be.

I would have to agree with you on that. There is always a different feeling when making something for someone to buy rather than making it for your own needs/uses/purposes. I have been lax on more than 1 occasion when making sausages and what not. That luxury doesn't exist when a customer is waiting on something. 

And you said it. You still love doing it because you've still got the passion. In time, all things get tiring and people move on. It's the things that stick around that we truly love to do. It's also a different type of desire to have others use/eat what you take such pride in making. 

Everytime I think my love of cooking can turn into a source of income I read something like this thread and realize life is good with the money I make at my current job (which I enjoy doing).

All great posts, Thanks for the Info. !  Something no-one mentioned that may come into play is the fact that a lot of states have separate regulations regarding all dairy items.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky