Second attempt at Baby backs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vwmann

Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Tampa, FL
Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m trying baby back ribs again. I put them in the rub yesterday and theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve been in the smoker for about an hour and a half. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m closely watching my temp. Itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s around 225 – 250 and Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m going to apply my second mopping. I did some modifications on my grill. I added a piece of metal over the opening into the smoke chamber to eliminate flare ups into the chamber and I added a piece on flashing to my stack to bring the opening to the grill rack. Except for the rain so far so good…

Thats the method I plan to try (3-2-1). One rack was pulling from the bone so I foiled it. The other 2 racks were farther away from the heat so they're not ready yet.

All three racks turned out perfect thanks to reading the forums. Not sure what I'll smoke next but it will be soon.

VW glad to here everything turned out good for you, just find anything you can grab and throw it on the smoker.

Good job VWMann! A little knowledge goes a longggggggggg way doesn't it!
Enjoy you ribs !

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky