Seasoned Pork Loins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Question for the more knowledgeable. Couple friends and I are going to smoke some pork loins for a golf tournament. One guy seasoned them already and wrapped tight with saran wrap, wasn't going to smoke until Friday and then we would warm them Saturday morning in roaster pan with Au juice. If seasoned already is that going to have a tendency to make the pork kinda mushy if not smoking until Friday? I think he used Killer Hog BBQ Rub.

If seasoned already is that going to have a tendency to make the pork kinda mushy if not smoking until Friday?
I've been doing them heavily seasoned and held 3 to 4 days ( or more ) under vacuum .
Then smoke , slice and reheat in a pan for sandwiches . So pretty much the same as you're talking about . Never been mushy .
This was a heavy coating of salt , pepper and whatever else looked good that day .
Ground it all up by hand .
20221228_095426.jpg
Rubbed , Vac'd and in the fridge . Was at least 4 days .
20221228_100447.jpg
Smoked to 140
20221230_143124.jpg
Super moist and tender
20221230_153340.jpg

My normal would be to wrap tight in plastic wrap . Post up some pics if you can .

Look forward to the pics! And don't forget your foot wedge... it's a must have for my golf game!

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
Look forward to the pics! And don't forget your foot wedge... it's a must have for my golf game!

Ryan
I told the guy who's smoking them that pictures are required.
I have a right and left F-wedge. :emoji_wink:
Probably wouldn't go over well, it's our Mens Association Tournament.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky