Seafood Feast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Our Albertson carries oysters but they been terrible. Tried 3 times and all 3 times went into the trash. Really muddy on outside and brown water and black stuff on inside. Even the inside of shells stained. Took one look yesterday and seen they where different so got couple dozen. These where decent. Cracked open a bottle of my Blueberry wine to try. For 3 months old it pretty good.

20220318_134926.jpg 20220318_142209.jpg

I been craving snow crab for a long time but $20 lb to much. They where on sale for $17 and I had a 20% off pharmacy gave me so went for it. Normally I just steam and eat but seen this Lady's recipe got rave reviews so gave it a shot. Really good and will be my new way now. Search for HOW TO PREPARE THE MOST AMAZING SNOW CRAB LEGS RECIPE by Let’z Eat Tiffany Suzette. Got 3 more for later.

20220318_151038.jpg

Than on to a shrimp dish I really love. Coconut Lime Shrimp. Simple to make and really tasty. Got to have some crusty bread to soak up that sauce. Saute Shrimp in olive oil couple minutes each side with salt and pepper. Add 1 cup coconut milk, 1 Tsp sriracha and juice of half lime. Simmer 5 minutes no lid and add cilantro. I use the left over sauce to make curry the next day.

20220318_170353.jpg 20220318_170613.jpg 20220318_171345.jpg

20220318_171427(0).jpg 20220318_171520.jpg

Brian , that all looks amazing. Great cooks. My wife would be in heaven with all of that.( I myself don't care for shell fish , don't care for the texture)
But I cook it all for her, and if I did this for her she would be a happy lady

Great job

David

Congrats on the ride Brian

Last edited:
looks like some great meals Brian, love seafood also but don't eat so much of it anymore with the prices, maybe i need to move closer to the shore and get a little boat.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
WOW Brian, everything looks delicious!!
But that shrimp dish really caught my eye!
Awesome stuff there Bud!!
Al

Brian, you crushed it buddy!! That whole meal looks superb. Next time though could you give me a couple hours heads-up and set an extra plate / bowl because I'd without doubt drive up there for something like that. Well done and congrats on a well deserved ride on the carousel.

Robert

Looks great Brian, if i could eat shellfish I would be all over that soup and the curry the next day.

Brian that looks tremendous! We love the shell fish here too. If you are serious about fresh oysters then try
Island Creek Oysters These guys are online and the price is not too much more than having fresh at a local restaurant. The only caveat is you have to buy 50, 100 quantity. Have Fun!

RG

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Wonderful cook Brian, sign me up for the oysters and crab in a heartbeat! Homie don't do coconut. RAY

Looks fantastic Brian! I especially love the coconut lime shrimp. I ordered some oysters online that were unbelievably fresh on arrival if you are ever interested in their info. Congrats on the ride!

Looks pretty darned good, except for the oysters - not a fan of cooked oysters. We plan to increase the crab and shrimp when we make it! Thanks for sharing.

Damn Brian that looks fantastic. Congrats on the ride on the spinner

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great Brian and congrats on the ride !
Love some shrimp and oysters....raw,
steamed, fried.....😁

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky