Scrapple Breakfast & Football Snacks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Scrapple Breakfast & Football Snacks

So I started out on a Sunday Morning with making some Scrapple in my Ninja:

The first 2 slices ended up on a plate with a couple of Sunny-Side-Up Eggs.

Then later that day, I needed some snacks for my Football game: Fly Eagles, Fly!!
So I put some Deer Bologna slices on some Ritz Crackers, Nuked them & squirted some
Cheddar Cheese on them. Yuuummmm!!!

It was a Good Day!

Bear

1 Pound of Scrapple sliced into 8 pieces:
IMG_7827.jpeg

Spread out into the Air Fry Basket of my Ninja Smart Grill:
IMG_7828.jpeg

All Finished:
IMG_7829.jpeg

Plating:
IMG_7830.jpeg

First 2 fit real good with a Pair of Sunny Side Ups:
IMG_7831.jpeg

Lonely Ritz Crackers:
IMG_7832.jpeg

Joined by some Bologna Slices & Nuked, before squirting some Cheddar on them:
IMG_7833.jpeg

Looks real good John. Now you have to eat that same food every week for good luck for the Eagles, lol.

Reactions: 912smoker
Looks great, never thought to put in an air fryer - Now I get to expose the family to the joy of scrapple!

This scrapple thing is driving me crazy since Bearcarver Bearcarver has posting about it!

I gotta get me some but I've been looking and looking and its something that just isn't available here in southern New England area.

Never heard of it but it looks good !
I'll have a plate please Mr Bear !

Is it similar to Treat or Spam ?

I think you would find it closer to mush here in SC/GA, except with a binder like grain. The old saying on how to make it was... add everything except the oink! The original idea was to use up all the remaining pieces of the pig after slaughter, nothing wasted. Boil like crazy, hopefully outside (strong odor similar to boiling chitlins!) add some grain as a binder, let it thicken, ladle it out into loaf pans or whatever you have, let it firm up, and enjoy! 🍻
John

I think you would find it closer to mush here in SC/GA, except with a binder like grain. The old saying on how to make it was... add everything except the oink! The original idea was to use up all the remaining pieces of the pig after slaughter, nothing wasted. Boil like crazy, hopefully outside (strong odor similar to boiling chitlins!) add some grain as a binder, let it thicken, ladle it out into loaf pans or whatever you have, let it firm up, and enjoy! 🍻
John
Gotcha and thanks John.
That's what we call sow's meat !

Reactions: Wurstmeister

It's hard to explain, but Wurstmeister Wurstmeister hit it about right. (Post #12)
It's nothing like Treat or Spam.
The closest "Similar" we can think of would be Fresh Pork Sausage, with a little Cornmeal added. And "Fried Mush" has a similar flavor.
I love it, but I love a lot of things---However Mrs Bear Loves it---Now that's saying something!!!

Bear

Last edited:
Well I'll tell you Bear. . .You are the master. . .I'll bet you could make shoelaces taste great!

Happy New Year my friend,

John

Thank You for the Kind Words, John.
I can honestly say I used to love Shoe Laces, but they were "Licorice".

Bear

Looks great, never thought to put in an air fryer - Now I get to expose the family to the joy of scrapple!

Thank You Alsta!!
Air Fry is definitely best for Scrapple---Crispy outside, and tastes Great!!
Not at all Greasy, which makes it Super!!

Bear

Looks tasty bear! Go eagles

Thank You Jim!!
Hope we don't have to bring Nick Foles in again to finish the job.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Scrapple looks great as always Bear!

For as much as I make it, I’ve been considering buying one of those air fryer lids just so I can cook it like this. I’m thinking the lid would be easier than trying to convince the missus of another gadget.

Scrapple looks great as always Bear!

For as much as I make it, I’ve been considering buying one of those air fryer lids just so I can cook it like this. I’m thinking the lid would be easier than trying to convince the missus of another gadget.

Thank You X-ray!!
I couldn't do that. I don't think it would work near as good as the Ninja Smart Grill, and if it did, I'd still want the real thing, so:
$100. for the Lid
$250 For the Ninja Smart Grill
$350---Total

Kinda like when I bought my first MES.
Got the MES30 to save $$$
Ended up getting an MES40 anyway, so the $$$ I spent on the MES30 was a loss.

Bear

Reactions: xray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky