Scotch Find at Total Wine & More

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

noboundaries

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 7, 2013
Roseville, CA, a suburb of Sacramento
I'm a Scotch whisky drinker. I love wine cask finished scotches, especially those finished in sherry casks. To get the flavor and complexity I like, I usually pay around $50-$70 a bottle, and it will take me a year to finish a bottle. I enjoy the flavor, leaving the love of getting buzzed in my youth. My favorite sherry cask finished scotch is Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban. My wife and kids know to put it on their gift list for me.

I came across a no-age-statement, 92 proof, Highland Queen Majesty Sherry Cask Finished scotch at Total Wine & More, on sale for $20 until 7/4/19 (reg. price $25). I picked up a bottle, not expecting to be impressed. I took one sip at home, immediately returning to buy another bottle and write a review on their website as Razor55.

If you enjoy a scotch around the smoker, pick up a bottle and let me know what you think.

Have a great weekend!

Ray

Great find. Hopefully others can find and appreciate.

I rarely drink scotch these days.
Just lost taste buds for it many many years ago.

My preference was always single malts and I favored the heavy nose of a highland which was very hard to find in the 80's and 90's when I lived in Seattle.
Glenlivet (Speyside) was cosmopolitan and the new rage to battle the garbage blended scotches that started during prohibition.

I thought Glenmorangie was Port Wine Cask conditioned

Corrected my region reference for Glenlivet

Last edited:
I don't drink often any more, and less so scotch. But I do have fond memories of the Belvanie 17 Sherry Oak.

Wonder if this is similiar. <And if you enjoy scotch I absolute encourage you to try the above Belvanie. It's an amazing scotch>.

Was looking around for a thread that covered higher test drinks. I, too, love a decent bloody Mary. I also enjoy Tequila and vodka straight. Since I work at a place that manufactures and bottles various spirits. So I get a chance to try numerous types of vodkas, bourbon, tequilas, etc, etc
One of my favorite sippers is our own brand. It is a blended Rye. That is quite smooth and flavorful.If you can find it in your neighborhood. Then I recommend it.

PB260100.jpg

Thanks Steve
I really hate to use the term cosmopolitan, but finer Rye and Bourbon whisky (or is it whiskey?) have gotten more attention lately, which usually means higher price and lower quality.
No Scotch in the cupboard, but I have a really nice select Bourbon that mostly goes in my BBQ sauce.
Didn't notice that Rye in the store, but will look. I do appreciate a Rye.

In my restaurant days, ending the shift with a rocks glass of Balvenie Madeira Barrel aged Scotch was a favorite...JJ

I'm also a big fan of single malts finished in sherry casks, favorites that come to mind being MacCallans and Balvenie Double Wood. DW got me a bottle of Glenfiddich Grand Cru for my B-Day this year, aged 23 years and finished in rare French cuvee casks. Truly a cut above any other single malt I've ever tasted, and I've tasted quite a few. RAY
DSCN1195.JPG

Was looking around for a thread that covered higher test drinks. I, too, love a decent bloody Mary. I also enjoy Tequila and vodka straight. Since I work at a place that manufactures and bottles various spirits. So I get a chance to try numerous types of vodkas, bourbon, tequilas, etc, etc
One of my favorite sippers is our own brand. It is a blended Rye. That is quite smooth and flavorful.If you can find it in your neighborhood. Then I recommend it.

View attachment 412831

It's a winner
20191127_182137.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky